Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did not have my smartphone with me to take a picture. But today, in a display of holiday decorations at a local store, I saw 4 foot long, white birch branches, about 2 inches in diameter, for $3.99 each.

The joke might be on some of us!

Philbert

Did not have my smartphone with me to take a picture. But today, in a display of holiday decorations at a local store, I saw 4 foot long, white birch branches, about 2 inches in diameter, for $3.99 each.

The joke might be on some of us!

Philbert

I believe that I saw the same sticks for sale at Menards for $7.99... I could be mistaken.

I got a chuckle out of this one... "If your childs first word was chainsaw". Heck of an ad for a $25 tricycle. Kick-Arse All Terrain Tricycle
http://madison.craigslist.org/bab/4779224961.html
Up for sale is the Monster Truck of tricycles. This machine is not for the faint of heart, or the weak of will. This is an all steel, heavy duty, off-road capable trike that will firmly establish your child as the ALPHA toddler on your block. The off [...]

I got a chuckle out of this one... "If your childs first word was chainsaw". Heck of an ad for a $25 tricycle. Kick-Arse All Terrain Tricycle
http://madison.craigslist.org/bab/4779224961.html
Up for sale is the Monster Truck of tricycles. This machine is not for the faint of heart, or the weak of will. This is an all steel, heavy duty, off-road capable trike that will firmly establish your child as the ALPHA toddler on your block. The off [...]

My son's first real word was chainsaw. He kind of said mama and dada, not really making the connection to that being one of us, but he clearly knew what my chainsaw was. He would constantly point at it saying "chasaw" and try to drag it around. I got him a husky toy chainsaw which he broke in no time so I replaced it with a Black and Decker (in avatar) which is a strong durable toy.

If he was growing up so fast I would grab this just for fun.

Wanting over $400 for "blood covered pictures" quite possibly the oddest ad I've seen on Craigslist, at least before reading this thread. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417355182211.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1417355182211.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 179
Fire Wood - Black Walnut (Kirkwood)
00j0j_79g5CKeKbCL_600x450.jpg

Black walnut limbs and braches. Great for BBQ pits, kindling, etc.
Easy to get to at end of driveway - back in, load and go.
Darla

The Q&A on this one is pretty funny. Can't tell for sure if this guy thinks it's so valuable he won't accept one less dollar than he's asking, or if it's such junk he's willing to just set it on fire. Lol

1967 Jeep odometer: 1 fuel : gastransmission : automatic title status : cleancylinders : 6 cylinders

1967 Jeep Kaiser Military truck M715 4x4, 4.3 V-6 Vortec with turbo 350 Automatic transmission, Divorced transfer case. Original Dana 60 front, 70 Dana full floater rear. 5.87:1 ratio!!!! The axels are worth $2500 Alone. Painted a lovely shade of forestry service orange with a steel roof. $2500 OBO Update: I've been asked the following Questions: Could it be a daily driver? - Answer: Sure, but you better be ready to accept a rough ride and be stared at. Question: How nice is the interior? -Answer: It was a military truck used by the forestry service so I would describe it as "Spartan" but easily hosed out when muddy. Question: Does it have a radio? - Answer: Really? No but I have a portable cassette player and a Vanilla Ice tape I'll throw in. Question: What's the top speed? Answer: I've had it to 60mph And that was fast enough for me. I don't think It would make a good high speed racer based solely on its square non aerodynamic shape. Question: What's the mud flap hanging from the front bumper? Answer: It's for knocking squirrels down so they don't bump their head on the axel. Question Does it have AC, Heat, And cruise control. Answer: No, Yes, And only if you put a brick on the gas pedal. Ok here is some additional info. The interior consists of two black military seats, a shifter, and some levers that control the 4x4. It has gauges that include a speedo that works. I have no idea the actual mileage could be 20 could be 20 million. Yes you can take the top off. Yes the bed is 10 feet long. Yes you can still get a fender for it. Yes it has a hitch. No it doesn't have a winch. I am not interested in any trades any longer "Unless it's for 20 $100 bills" Yes that's right $2000 will buy you this truck unless you come and look at it and offer $1999. Then the price goes to $5000. I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to you if you sent an E-Mail or text because I have had literally hundreds of inquires. I've been told by so many people they are on their way with the money then not shown up I want to set fire to it and roast hotdogs over the burning remains. Look this is a 1967 military truck that was repurposed for the forestry service then converted by a coal company to the v6 auto for use. It's a big sturdy monster that lacks refinement. No power seats, No AC, No cruise, No cup holders, and No radio. This is not for some pansy city boy to look cool in. It's a Mans toy, So if you need to check with your wife before you buy or you don't like low geared orange trucks please for the love of god don't contact me. It's got a clear Indiana title, four tires, and it runs fine. I'm going to wait till Monday before I even look at another message or post any more photos. With luck a meteorite will hit it this weekend and I'll file an insurance claim.

The Q&A on this one is pretty funny. Can't tell for sure if this guy thinks it's so valuable he won't accept one less dollar than he's asking, or if it's such junk he's willing to just set it on fire. Lol

1967 Jeep odometer: 1 fuel : gastransmission : automatic title status : cleancylinders : 6 cylinders

1967 Jeep Kaiser Military truck M715 4x4, 4.3 V-6 Vortec with turbo 350 Automatic transmission, Divorced transfer case. Original Dana 60 front, 70 Dana full floater rear. 5.87:1 ratio!!!! The axels are worth $2500 Alone. Painted a lovely shade of forestry service orange with a steel roof. $2500 OBO Update: I've been asked the following Questions: Could it be a daily driver? - Answer: Sure, but you better be ready to accept a rough ride and be stared at. Question: How nice is the interior? -Answer: It was a military truck used by the forestry service so I would describe it as "Spartan" but easily hosed out when muddy. Question: Does it have a radio? - Answer: Really? No but I have a portable cassette player and a Vanilla Ice tape I'll throw in. Question: What's the top speed? Answer: I've had it to 60mph And that was fast enough for me. I don't think It would make a good high speed racer based solely on its square non aerodynamic shape. Question: What's the mud flap hanging from the front bumper? Answer: It's for knocking squirrels down so they don't bump their head on the axel. Question Does it have AC, Heat, And cruise control. Answer: No, Yes, And only if you put a brick on the gas pedal. Ok here is some additional info. The interior consists of two black military seats, a shifter, and some levers that control the 4x4. It has gauges that include a speedo that works. I have no idea the actual mileage could be 20 could be 20 million. Yes you can take the top off. Yes the bed is 10 feet long. Yes you can still get a fender for it. Yes it has a hitch. No it doesn't have a winch. I am not interested in any trades any longer "Unless it's for 20 $100 bills" Yes that's right $2000 will buy you this truck unless you come and look at it and offer $1999. Then the price goes to $5000. I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to you if you sent an E-Mail or text because I have had literally hundreds of inquires. I've been told by so many people they are on their way with the money then not shown up I want to set fire to it and roast hotdogs over the burning remains. Look this is a 1967 military truck that was repurposed for the forestry service then converted by a coal company to the v6 auto for use. It's a big sturdy monster that lacks refinement. No power seats, No AC, No cruise, No cup holders, and No radio. This is not for some pansy city boy to look cool in. It's a Mans toy, So if you need to check with your wife before you buy or you don't like low geared orange trucks please for the love of god don't contact me. It's got a clear Indiana title, four tires, and it runs fine. I'm going to wait till Monday before I even look at another message or post any more photos. With luck a meteorite will hit it this weekend and I'll file an insurance claim.

Ya, funny! That's probably a pretty decent deal on a super heavy duty pickup. Would be a good wood scrounger for sure.

Looks like a great opportunity for anyone in the Ames IA area to latch on to some great pine firewood. Just DON'T drop the trees on his garage. At least he is honest up front about not wanting to pay a pro to do this job!

2 pine trees to cut down
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map) (yahoo map)

I have 2 pine trees I would like to get cut down. Can't really afford to pay so I am offering to anyone who wants firewood and is handy with a chainsaw contact me. The trees are close to my garage so will need to fell the trees without damaging garage.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Latest posts

Back