Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheesh... if that's worth $20 then a bucket of duck sh*t should go for $40 or more...

"Only $40 for 3 lbs. of surprise Halloween Treat mix! Can meet in dark alley on the edge of town!"

Well, I finally broke down and responded to one of those CL ads for free firewood. Grabbed a big score of quality hardwood here. Guy said it was Silver Maple. I asked him if that was any good, and he said that it was named after the Olympic medals. Gold Maple was the very best, and Silver Maple was second. I told him I have a new stove - a Blaze King with one of those cat'llickit features. He said that on such a stove, a good load will last a couple weeks, so I grabbed all I could. Just look at this load! Man, I'll never scoff at a CL ad again!!!

IMG_1698.JPG

The way he explained it, he said he had mentioned in his email that he wanted to use one of my saws, and since I didnt bother replying to the email (I really didnt know how to respond to all that nonsense in the email) he thought I was alright with it. As I explained it to him, my saws are very personal to me, they are more than just a tool. I spend time cleaning them, keeping them in tip top shape, and over the years they have become just like friends to me. I know what each one will do, and what they wont. Taking my saw without permission is worse than hopping in my truck and driving off.
As far as keep my cool, I didnt do a very good job,even when I saw him back up with a very white face. Spent a great deal of time in the Navy, and have a wonderful vocab to prove it, most of which gets dragged out and used when I am ticked.
He did apologize, and later offered me tickets to the local IceBears hockey team of which he is a member of the board of directors as a peace offering.
I dont think it will be an issue with him anymore.
Two things new to loan out, your chainsaw and your wife.

LoveStihlQuality

"What's a "gun stalk"? Is it what is left in the gun field after the guns have been harvested? :confused:
More or less, kind of, sorta. I have an 1899 Savage that the stock was made while still green, it threw off 3 stalks, one of these days I'm going to trim them, might be able to get a couple more good stocks out of them, Joe.

favorite this post FREE WOOD TREES YOU CUT IT DOWN (Central Falls) hide this posting
image 1 of 5
00101_fHm2yEbayFO_600x450.jpg

I HAVE 2 TREES TO GIVE AWAY. YOU CUT DOWN THE TREES AND TAKE THE WOOD FOR YOUR WOOD STOVE. BRING YOU CHAIR SAW... LEAVE YOU # AND I'LL TEXT YOU BACK.

Where do I get a chair saw?

So I posted an old stove on CL the other day:

upload_2016-6-3_13-10-39.png

Somebody called to come get it. The drove for nearly 2 hours. I had it priced cheap - $150 is about $100 less than what similar stoves are going for around here.
The showed up, looked at it, asked me my bottom line. I told them that since I just posted it, I would like $150, but if it didn't sell in a week, I'd drop to $125, and then down to $100 the following week, etc.

They said they liked it, but then she wanted to 'discuss' it with her husband who was there, so they went to their vehicle. I saw her looking at her phone for a while (must have been 5 minutes at least), and then she came back and said it wasn't old enough for her. Wanted something older, but if I came down on my price then maybe she'd take it. No deal.

So she said thanks, and we parted. I had dinner and grabbed the family to head to another town for a homeschool event. Then they texted back and said they'd take the stove after all. I guess they were trying to play the waiting game with me. Bad timing. I was on my way out of town.

So they drove 4 hours for nothing even though they wanted the stove.

Oh well - I guess some people have more free time than I do!

So I posted an old stove on CL the other day:

View attachment 506382

Somebody called to come get it. The drove for nearly 2 hours. I had it priced cheap - $150 is about $100 less than what similar stoves are going for around here.
The showed up, looked at it, asked me my bottom line. I told them that since I just posted it, I would like $150, but if it didn't sell in a week, I'd drop to $125, and then down to $100 the following week, etc.

They said they liked it, but then she wanted to 'discuss' it with her husband who was there, so they went to their vehicle. I saw her looking at her phone for a while (must have been 5 minutes at least), and then she came back and said it wasn't old enough for her. Wanted something older, but if I came down on my price then maybe she'd take it. No deal.

So she said thanks, and we parted. I had dinner and grabbed the family to head to another town for a homeschool event. Then they texted back and said they'd take the stove after all. I guess they were trying to play the waiting game with me. Bad timing. I was on my way out of town.

So they drove 4 hours for nothing even though they wanted the stove.

Oh well - I guess some people have more free time than I do!

Penny wise & pound foolish!

Latest posts

Back