Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the description....

View attachment 522742

heck, it says reasonable offers, offer to cut it up and haul it off. Sounds reasonable to me. Whats funny since its storm damage, their homeowners insurance probably payed them to hire somebody to remove it. They just want to get payed twice for the same tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, your homeowners does not pay to have the mess removed. They pay to have a "Tree removed from an insured structure, to the ground". Technically, it's the homeowners responsibility to have it removed from the premises. On storm damage work we used to state on the estimate, "$XXX dollars to remove tree from damaged structure". That would be the total bill, but it insinuated that there was more cost to remove from the premises. When we worded the estimates like that there was never a problem. Before we did that, we did have customers call and complain their insurance only wanted to pay a percentage, because they didn't pay the removal part. Check your insurance, you may be surprised. Some states may very, Joe.

Yea I see his posts alot. Ive scrounged wood all over the state (MA) and I have a large truck. We've had some good craigslist posts up in our neck of the woods

TREE CLIMBER- (BURLINGTON , Ma) hide this posting
image 1 of 3
00707_7BhpwkHeTfN_600x450.jpg

Offering free hardwood to a tree climber who will take down and cut up my elm(?) tree. Write or call

Screen shot 2016-09-16 at 1.53.13 PM.png
Wait; so it's in good shape, but I might need a grinder to remove it!?! Could 'be used for a variety of things' , but you are expecting a scrapper to take it for the scrap value. And then you want me to pay you $100 to do this? Do I have to replant the vines too? (Note that this appears to be a fence set in concrete, and not a dog kennel made out of portable sections).

Philbert

Latest posts

Back