Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little bit of a stickler on grammar, and I always say, "Say what you mean, and mean what you say". So, I've got to ask, what do they mean by first "cum"? If they are "a meanin, what they a sayin", I wonder where that fist has been? Joe.
Pretty sure that's exactly what they meant.

come tear down my dilapidated building and you can have the wood and tin. what a deal!!! thats like telling a plumber if you replace my leaking pipes you can keep the scrap pipe.

Barn wood & sheet metal tear down
00S0S_5NGXK50h4Jf_600x450.jpg

00x0x_gM5wNl0D7ft_600x450.jpg

00X0X_he28TUqHZfQ_600x450.jpg

00l0l_jYd8kcY3Iim_600x450.jpg

00W0W_bQwgsAmgdot_600x450.jpg

01717_Ia0DFvwYcC_600x450.jpg

My barn / corn crib is on the verge of falling down due to settling ground. I'm looking to have someone come in and remove the barn completely. There are a lot of very good pieces of wood that could be very valuable to the right person, as well as sheetmetal in good condition.

Please call or me for further info and or too take a look

come tear down my dilapidated building and you can have the wood and tin. what a deal!!! thats like telling a plumber if you replace my leaking pipes you can keep the scrap pipe.

Barn wood & sheet metal tear down
00S0S_5NGXK50h4Jf_600x450.jpg

00x0x_gM5wNl0D7ft_600x450.jpg

00X0X_he28TUqHZfQ_600x450.jpg

00l0l_jYd8kcY3Iim_600x450.jpg

00W0W_bQwgsAmgdot_600x450.jpg

01717_Ia0DFvwYcC_600x450.jpg

My barn / corn crib is on the verge of falling down due to settling ground. I'm looking to have someone come in and remove the barn completely. There are a lot of very good pieces of wood that could be very valuable to the right person, as well as sheetmetal in good condition.

Please call or me for further info and or too take a look

There are whole companies that specialize in just this: https://www.barnwoodliving.com/ Believe it or not, there's money in old barnwood...

i sold all the old boards of of our 1868 farmhouse roof when it was time for a new roof. called a guy and he came right over. he said they would denail it and make flooring out of it. some of the boards were over 18" wide. here is a door i made out of some of them i didn't sell. i saved all the stuff in the ceiling of our kitchen when we remodeled it.20160521_182453_resized_2.jpg 20160521_183209_resized_2.jpg

i sold all the old boards of of our 1868 farmhouse roof when it was time for a new roof. called a guy and he came right over. he said they would denail it and make flooring out of it. some of the boards were over 18" wide. here is a door i made out of some of them i didn't sell. i saved all the stuff in the ceiling of our kitchen when we remodeled it.View attachment 547986 View attachment 547987

That's beautiful! Good work!

i sold all the old boards of of our 1868 farmhouse roof when it was time for a new roof. called a guy and he came right over. he said they would denail it and make flooring out of it. some of the boards were over 18" wide. here is a door i made out of some of them i didn't sell. i saved all the stuff in the ceiling of our kitchen when we remodeled it.View attachment 547986 View attachment 547987
Nice touch there Steve with the accented raised panels... your wife's idea?

Nice touch there Steve with the accented raised panels... your wife's idea?
yes the wife picked them out. the cabinet maker said he didn't do many with that type paint scheme as it was one of the more expensive one's.:cry: IIRC the green in the edging is put on and then hand rubbed into the seams before it dries.

I have seen old barns like that sell in the 10's of thousands of dollars. A lot of the old barns where actually built using chestnut, which lasts forever. Old chestnut lumber sells very well and for good money. I know of a few barns that where advertised free/you tear down and buyers come from everywhere. I know of one barn a guy tore down and was in the process of burning it. A fellow was driving by and saw it and saw what kind if wood it was and bought the whole pile. They where running around kicking and pulling boards out of the fire. Most people cant tell the difference between a old pine board and something like chestnut but those folks that buy it know.

I have seen old barns like that sell in the 10's of thousands of dollars. A lot of the old barns where actually built using chestnut, which lasts forever. Old chestnut lumber sells very well and for good money. I know of a few barns that where advertised free/you tear down and buyers come from everywhere. I know of one barn a guy tore down and was in the process of burning it. A fellow was driving by and saw it and saw what kind if wood it was and bought the whole pile. They where running around kicking and pulling boards out of the fire. Most people cant tell the difference between a old pine board and something like chestnut but those folks that buy it know.

My grandfather and great-grandfather (his FIL) bought a property and built an A-frame cabin on it. They got 100% of the lumber by tearing down an old barn about 40 miles away, and hauling it all up the mountain (both were truck drivers, and had access to bigger flatbeds). They named the camp The Old Barn, and even though my grandfather has modernized it in order to live in it, there is still a lot of exposed barn board.

I don't remember what they paid for the barn, but it was the late 60's / early 70's, so it probably wasn't much.

There was an ad this morning on one of the local fb help wanted sections , it was a company that reuses old farm buildings. They are looking for help asap.

note the possible small business opportunity..........

Q. 81 Chevy Bread Van, 292 in-line 6 with 4 speed (rock crusher) tranny. Has dual rear axle. Could be used for mobile business, toy hauler, convert to a camper! 73,000 miles on it, runs and drives, has good tires, new exhaust. Comes with 4 new leaf spring to rear end U-bolts. Inside was converted to a tattoo/piercing studio, but will be removed for sale, or for a higher price, can be left as-is. MAKE OFFER!

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 55
note the possible small business opportunity..........

Q. 81 Chevy Bread Van, 292 in-line 6 with 4 speed (rock crusher) tranny. Has dual rear axle. Could be used for mobile business, toy hauler, convert to a camper! 73,000 miles on it, runs and drives, has good tires, new exhaust. Comes with 4 new leaf spring to rear end U-bolts. Inside was converted to a tattoo/piercing studio, but will be removed for sale, or for a higher price, can be left as-is. MAKE OFFER!

I've never seen a twin screw "P" bread van. Normally they are only 10-14k GVWR

Latest posts

Back