Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Office Chair hide this posting
00l0l_ajjBXBt1LQN_600x450.jpg

condition: fair

Office chair, on rollers, adjustable height and back. Sturdy, needs covered or upolstered. Free by curb, grab and go. I will deleted when gone
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6050438906

posted: about 2 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Office Chair hide this posting
00l0l_ajjBXBt1LQN_600x450.jpg

condition: fair

Office chair, on rollers, adjustable height and back. Sturdy, needs covered or upolstered. Free by curb, grab and go. I will deleted when gone
post id: 6050438906

posted: about 2 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]
It sounds funny but the true commercial furniture brands of chairs sometimes come with a forever guarantee. My coworker had one that I think was a Steelcase in about that condition. He called them up and they send him a new one.

Reclining/ massaging sofa (quarryville) hide this posting
image 1 of 2

01515_f3GtMwS5fnt_600x450.jpg

00G0G_lgOMKRIH6Y_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

Bad condition. Leather started peeling and has marks on it. Still reclines and vibrates. Has drink holder in middle. Would be perfect for basement rec room, kids playroom, etc. Might be able to steam clean. We just threw blankets over it. Getting rid of it because we don't have the room for it. Smoke and pet free.
post id: 6002584022

posted: about a month a go

I dont know how to paste the page so heres the link to some wormy chestnut reclaimed lumber .https://boone.craigslist.org/mat/5941856411.html
I searched for some pricing, and couldnt find any, but its high dollar wood.
Wormy Chestnut may seem high priced till you run across the older Chestnut pre worm infestation! I saw one article in wood workers mag that went on and on about how much care the people put into disassembly and planning for use.
I was very fortunate to be at an auction with a rope bed of pre worm Chestnut! The other bidder got the idea soon enough that he was not getting that piece of history from me! Less than a C note IIRC:happybanana: :yes: & came w/enough rope:laugh:

If that tree was local and since I like free scrounge. I would buck it myself and load it, as long as i didnt have to take the brush. I doubt the 2 or 3 cord claim, and I wouldnt loan him my saw.
Don't you have a 16" poulan or hutzl or some other "loaner". I've got a 10" or so recent Mc that was given to me and placed out of the way in the shed, may run don't really think so. It is my loaner; if it doesn't work take it up to "Family Center" & have it fixed or I'll use my other saw to take care of it for you.

That one is worth saving

View attachment 578584
Sometimes when I see this stuff, I feel like contacting them and scheduling an appointment to come check it out. Then when I'm about 4 hours late, call and say I had a flat, and coming from MD I'll have to reschedule, maybe in two weeks. Call a couple times in between to let them know I'm really interested. Then when I'm a couple hours late for that appointment call and check to make sure they "STILL" have the tree, say I'm sorry for being late again, and reschedule for another later date. All the time hoping they went out and bought a new car thinking they had a live fish on the line, Joe.

Sometimes when I see this stuff, I feel like contacting them and scheduling an appointment to come check it out. Then when I'm about 4 hours late, call and say I had a flat, and coming from MD I'll have to reschedule, maybe in two weeks. Call a couple times in between to let them know I'm really interested. Then when I'm a couple hours late for that appointment call and check to make sure they "STILL" have the tree, say I'm sorry for being late again, and reschedule for another later date. All the time hoping they went out and bought a new car thinking they had a live fish on the line, Joe.

Seems like the typical Craigslist idiot around here.
Needs to have it that very second, but can't understand why I won't halt everything in my life just to accommodate them.
The couple times I've come out of the woods early, it's ended up being for "no show" needed to have it yesterday people.

Then other times I'll have something that's been listed for a long time and someone will just come by the shop, hand over money and that's it. No haggle and doesn't waste half my day hmmming and haaaing over it!

Actually told a guy last week I was going back to work, once he decided to either **** or get off the pot to come find me. Was over a $500 fishing rod and reel I was asking $50 for. He expected a cradle to grave report on ownership, maintenance, use, etc.
I told him multiple times I had found it buried under junk in the shop!

I would take either one of those two in that picture. Just buck and haul it away. No limbing no brushing no dropping down between powerlines no grind the stump no haul awsy brush none of the other conditions on free firewood
I would also but it's over an hour and a half away from me.

Seems like the typical Craigslist idiot around here.
Needs to have it that very second, but can't understand why I won't halt everything in my life just to accommodate them.
The couple times I've come out of the woods early, it's ended up being for "no show" needed to have it yesterday people.

Then other times I'll have something that's been listed for a long time and someone will just come by the shop, hand over money and that's it. No haggle and doesn't waste half my day hmmming and haaaing over it!

Actually told a guy last week I was going back to work, once he decided to either **** or get off the pot to come find me. Was over a $500 fishing rod and reel I was asking $50 for. He expected a cradle to grave report on ownership, maintenance, use, etc.
I told him multiple times I had found it buried under junk in the shop!
Maybe I should have quoted the CL I was responding to. I wouldn't jerk a person around that was really trying to sell something. The one I was responding to was the one offering to let you or me, come take down his Black Walnut for $30,000 dollars. As in, we would pay him $30,000, to let us take it down, Joe.

Back