Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I should have quoted the CL I was responding to. I wouldn't jerk a person around that was really trying to sell something. The one I was responding to was the one offering to let you or me, come take down his Black Walnut for $30,000 dollars. As in, we would pay him $30,000, to let us take it down, Joe.

I understood that, I was just adding on to your thoughts about Craigslist idiots.
Been a few times I've considered just tossing stuff instead.
I don't get the people putting ads for $3 items. Like really who is going to meet to buy a used Tupperware bowl or worn out sneakers?

I've been fairly poor, but never thought of selling stuff out of the kitchen cupboards!

Office Chair hide this posting
00l0l_ajjBXBt1LQN_600x450.jpg

condition: fair

Office chair, on rollers, adjustable height and back. Sturdy, needs covered or upolstered. Free by curb, grab and go. I will deleted when gone
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6050438906

posted: about 2 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]
T-Rex training chair??

17155609_10155082685707277_4153355924356000977_n.jpg

This is an actual, currently active Craigslist ad for a piccolo. Comedy worth reading, musician or not.

"They call the trumpet "God's Instrument." The instrument that takes a month to learn and a lifetime to master. Forget that. I'm giving you the chance to own "Satan's Instrument." The instrument that takes a second to hate and a lifetime to get used to. If your goal is world domination, getting the ball rolling on the apocalypse, or simply disarming someone who's a little too "rapey," this miniature flute of terror will hold the game down. And how:

Brought to you by Lucifer himself, this Bundy bpc-300 Piccolo will serve his evil minion well. From it's compact arthritis-inducing body this pipe will unleash a sound that can bring entire crowds of people to their knees in pain and surrender. If you're thinking of starting a bloody coup, leave the AK-47s and sarin gas at home son, this picc is all you need.

This instrument has the ability to sing an A five lines above the staff so crisp and clear that if you're not careful may actually cleave your conductor's brain clean in half. It's highest note is one only dogs can hear, that composers have dubbed "X."

Apart from the oboe, this is the only instrument able to kick a field goal of pain right between the goal posts of your unfortunate target's neurons, resulting in synaptic misfires, blown mental fuses, and a complete breakdown of all left brain activity, leaving the right brain to writhe in pain and confusion whilst scrambling all bodily motor functions. Any soul unlucky enough to wind up on the business end of Beezulbub's piccolo will instantly be reduced to the fetal position and revoked of their right to free will.

Aside from violating several Geneva Convention protocols, this wailing weaponry can produce frequencies that wreak havoc upon others by causing:
-- sudden unexpected nosebleeds
-- aphasia
-- heart palpitations
-- aneurisms
-- loss of sanity
-- unexplainable rage
-- spontaneous combustion
-- abandonment of the will to live
-- anal leakage

It's a common mistake to think that the piccolo also has side effects on it's user. Many claim it causes acute narcissism, but in reality the only people drawn to this instrument are already delusionally narcissistic, have serial killer tendencies, and show traits as promising future dictators.

Since I'm livin' the dream, I'm retiring from my reign of terror and passing on the torch. Being evil is an arduous, exhaustive effort, and this musical scepter cannot be played by your average whitebread vanilla villain. Only the most cunning, dextrous, morally ambiguous, and questionably sane may apply. Who among you is worthy?

-200 OBO Pickup in Redmond "

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/6020148036.html
Dude is missing his dough by not writing drama & satire monologues...:numberone:

I guess that's a different Sedalia than the one close to me, since you're a state above me. I need some more chickens. Something(s) destroyed mine. I had 13, now I'm down to 5. I have let them free range all year, and now something wipes them out. I was building a wire pen for them a few days ago when a hawk swooped down and killed one 40ft from me. I was furious because I had already lost half of them. I kept the shotgun with me while I finished it, but the hawk never came back unfortunately. I was so mad I probably would've BBQ'd that bastard if I had shot it, just to say I ate the animal that killed my chickens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Great Granda Pa said that in his youth they occasionally would blast a chicken hawk, clean it, pan fry it, eat it, and it tasted just like chicken! :sweet::sweet::laughing:

Sitting on a gold mine lolView attachment 579192
That is a little pricy for a Lickity, but not totally out of line. They will out split most anything made now. It's made by the Waco Aircraft co, with way over engineered technology. The beam is light weight high tensil steel. There is a lever on the far side you pull and it lays the beam flat on the ground so you can roll a large log on. To pick it back up in towing position you hook a cable to the ram and it lifts and locks back in place. It has an auto cycle(look out OSHA) that runs the ram in and out continuously, so all you do is drop a round in. The throttle is hooked to the ram lever, it throttles up on the push stroke and idles on the return. It has 3 big coil springs that return it in about 1.5 seconds, and a two stage cylinder, not pump, that runs on pressure valves. It cost more than he's asking in the 60's. If someone that knows what it is sees it, he'll get close to his asking price. I've seen them go for more on EBay. Sometimes you need to know what something is before you laugh at it, Joe.

Chainsaw & Weedeaters - $1 (Clarion)

image 1 of 6
00808_aA6Pzf5Esg4_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

Selling 2 weedeaters and a chainsaw

The chainsaw starts up and runs but the engine blows smoke, could be an oil problem but not really sure

One weed water runs fine but the trigger is broken, the other one's ripcord doesn't pull

They are all gas motors. Not looking to make a fortune off these so shoot me an email if you're interested

Not sure what he wants for the saw, but needs new rings or valve seals by the sound of it........

Chainsaw & Weedeaters - $1 (Clarion)

image 1 of 6
00808_aA6Pzf5Esg4_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

Selling 2 weedeaters and a chainsaw

The chainsaw starts up and runs but the engine blows smoke, could be an oil problem but not really sure

One weed water runs fine but the trigger is broken, the other one's ripcord doesn't pull

They are all gas motors. Not looking to make a fortune off these so shoot me an email if you're interested

Not sure what he wants for the saw, but needs new rings or valve seals by the sound of it........
Ha! Love it. I replace all of mine yearly. I can't stand it when my saws smoke

That is a little pricy for a Lickity, but not totally out of line. They will out split most anything made now. It's made by the Waco Aircraft co, with way over engineered technology. The beam is light weight high tensil steel. There is a lever on the far side you pull and it lays the beam flat on the ground so you can roll a large log on. To pick it back up in towing position you hook a cable to the ram and it lifts and locks back in place. It has an auto cycle(look out OSHA) that runs the ram in and out continuously, so all you do is drop a round in. The throttle is hooked to the ram lever, it throttles up on the push stroke and idles on the return. It has 3 big coil springs that return it in about 1.5 seconds, and a two stage cylinder, not pump, that runs on pressure valves. It cost more than he's asking in the 60's. If someone that knows what it is sees it, he'll get close to his asking price. I've seen them go for more on EBay. Sometimes you need to know what something is before you laugh at it, Joe.
That's some good information. Someone who assigns some intrinsic value to the splitter, like a collector or Waco aircraft buff, might pay that, but I sure won't. I suppose that it is a testament to the quality of the construction of it's still running after almost 60 years. We'll, there you go. If someone wants this baby the listing is right there. Slide up to Ann Arbor Michigan and start pealing off $100 dollar bills. Make sure to come by my place 30 minutes south so I can see this baby in action.

They are supper cool, but if I wanted another old machine I'd go with a Bliss two way. I bought a brand new Bliss in about 1980-82 and paid $3600 for it. It was recommended to have 40 HP to run it. Ran off the PTO on my John Deere 2010. It would snip a ten inch log in half like a toothpick. I had a side job splitting Oak logs from trees someone else took down. I told the guy $50 a cord stacked where the logs were, not moved to the other side of the yard. A cord was selling for about $100 then. On the phone the guy told me all the logs were already cut in fireplace length, so I didn't bring a saw. Just drove the tractor to his home. After I was done with the logs, he said what about that pile of limbs? Crap, I didn't have a saw. Took the limbs in about 8-10 foot lengths and just started snipping them up like kindling. There are a couple of videos of the old Bliss on youtube, but the knuckleheads running them couldn't run a production machine if you paid them, Joe.

Back