Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As some of you know, I has a great score on C.L a couple of weeks ago (see Craiglist Locust).So, with high hopes, I answered another "Free Firewood" ad a few days ago by providing my name, address and # to the e-mail account.I got a call yesterday from the woman who told me that she had two trees down, and if I did "a little work" I could have the wood.I didn't hang up until she had mentioned 'new roof', 'replace rotted fascia and soffit' and, I think, 'paint'.After all, she said, she was "just a woman" and couldn't do these things! I just want to know whose ex-wife this was...

She's probably been nobody's wife, the guys are/were probably like you & stayed till the talk got around to Roof, Paint Soffitts ,Etc.,& then engage gear & "Gone in 60 seconds"

I would't give $25 for all of them. They aren't big enough to use as a hanky. Guess they would be interesting to use for checking your oil in the splitter or tractor. Might get a look from your wife if she sees you checking the dip stick with them, Joe.

I would't give $25 for all of them. They aren't big enough to use as a hanky. Guess they would be interesting to use for checking your oil in the splitter or tractor. Might get a look from your wife if she sees you checking the dip stick with them, Joe.
Checking the dipstick....ha,ha,ha....good one.

Saw an ad on craigslist for a 'chainsaw grinder'. Photo was not great. It looked kind of strange, but thought that maybe it was just an odd make. Only $20; low risk.

Drove out there, and it was some kind of home-made, welded stand, with a washing machine motor, and a dual grinding mandrel / head. Had a drill bit sharpening fixture attached; not a saw chain sharpener.

Anyway, the parts were still worth $20 to me, and I ended up chatting with the guy for some time. He had some interesting stuff (not chainsaw related), and I ended up going home with a bit more!

Philbert

https://williamsport.craigslist.org/for/d/cherry-and-oak-logs-lumber/6305517624.html

For sale are cherry and oak logs. Oak is 50 inches round x 40 feet and the cherry is 38 inches round by 25 feet. Asking $3500 or best offer for both logs. Have more to choose from text or call xxxxxxxxxx or email by replying above.
cbcf53d7d1410a073e77abb913cc802b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back