Crappy bundles for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there was 2 stores in town then I would sell bundles at both. Crappy wood and expensive sloppy bundles at one and beautiful dry, pretty bundles and reasonably priced bundles at the other. Nothing like being your own competition. Going to have to throw some extra coin to the guy with the crappy bundles though.

Local service station raised their price from $5 to $6 a bundle. No quantity discount either for multiple bundle purchases. That comes out to a buck a log in most cases.

That means my truckloads that I sell for $120 are worth about $400 apiece. After my last truckload delivery, the customer said he would never buy another bundle from the supermarket again.

I sold way over 4000 of these:bundles.jpg
They retail for $4 or $5 a piece (that is their call, I just supply)
I get real picky about what to use, and how it is split, and length, etc. They have to be wrapped tight too!

good money in bundles for damn sure.

bypass the gas stations and C stores....if you can get onto a state park you can make a heck of a lot more money! Like I have said before, I have firewood vending machines at 10 Texas State parks in the DFW area and we sell for between $1100 and $1200 a cord. in the month of October we did a little under $14K in sales and the Park Rangers think it is awesome....They are calling me now and begging for a machine on their park.... I have four more parks on a waiting list

Most people that purchase bundles aren't looking for quality or would even recognize it. They are looking for fire pit or "romantic" wood.

sent from a field

bypass the gas stations and C stores....if you can get onto a state park you can make a heck of a lot more money! Like I have said before, I have firewood vending machines at 10 Texas State parks in the DFW area and we sell for between $1100 and $1200 a cord. in the month of October we did a little under $14K in sales and the Park Rangers think it is awesome....They are calling me now and begging for a machine on their park.... I have four more parks on a waiting list

So around $10 a bundle?

We were just talking about bundles. I stopped at a gas station in Glenallen, $8/bundle out there, for .75 cu/ft.

And to think I sometimes get cheap SOBs that whine at 5 1+ cu/ft bundles for $20!

I do bundles on the side (bulk firewood is what I make a living on). I sold around 5 cords worth over this summer. (500 bundles). I'd rather do bulk wood, wrapping wood is very boring!

Yes, I wouldn't want to sell firewood full time. Bundles are good money, but boring. I spend 30 minutes in the morning with my kids packing bundles. We do that for a couple weeks until we fill my bin - about 120 bundles. I think that'll last the season, but I have another 1/2 cord unbundled in reserve or for next year. I wouldn't mind having more places to sell them. No camping around here - not worth driving that far, anyway.

Bundle sales are very seasonal. The demand here has now dropped like a stone because the camping season is all but over. I may sell a few more, but after Holloween, the demand dropped out. Truckload sales have taken over as people prepare for the winter. Why burn wood outdoors when you need it to heat the house?

In Texas as with many southern states it is the opposite, from Labor day to 1 Jan is the busy season and we average about $3000 a week...then it gets slow until spring break and March and April go wild again.....We don't bundle, we bag in 1 and 2 cuft nylon bags. Being an accountant is boring but pays well.... selling less than 12 cords of Oak for 14K takes some of the sting out of the boredom

I need an accountant and secretary. I'd almost rather pull my toenails out than take care of the books, paperwork, phone calls, etc.

The bags cost less than stretch wrap? They are fine to burn? The stretch wrap pulled off a bundle makes a ball the size of a tennis ball and burns quickly. Each bundle uses about $0.15 of wrap.

I've sold about 40 bundles since Labor Day. Which is more than I expected. I have 5 or 6 left and that's it. Don't have time to make more, I'm behind on bulk orders by a month.

For the most part "tourist season" is June-August. By mid-October it's winter.

i've got an extra cord around. This sounds like a good thing. Think I'll try it. Bundles are selling for 6 bucks. I could sell more for less on CL and probably make some much needed cash!

I need an accountant and secretary. I'd almost rather pull my toenails out than take care of the books, paperwork, phone calls, etc.

The bags cost less than stretch wrap? They are fine to burn? The stretch wrap pulled off a bundle makes a ball the size of a tennis ball and burns quickly. Each bundle uses about $0.15 of wrap.

I've sold about 40 bundles since Labor Day. Which is more than I expected. I have 5 or 6 left and that's it. Don't have time to make more, I'm behind on bulk orders by a month.

For the most part "tourist season" is June-August. By mid-October it's winter.
Your estimated cost of the stretch wrap prompted me to calculate my materials cost of packaging. I use old garden hose and cut it into 5-1/2" lengths for a handle. This costs me nothing so far because people give it to me. I might spend a quarter on soap and hot water to wash 200 handles.

My major material cost is the baler twine. That's $15 for 1500 yards and it makes about 500 wraps. So, my materials are less than a nickle a bundle. That's less than one-third of your materials cost. My labor is cheap, but if I had to pay a guy or gal to wrap my bundles, I think you are way ahead in total production cost. One person can wrap only 15 bundles per hour with twine. So, my total production cost is about 70 cents a bundle after the wood is already on board and ready to be wrapped.

I can do about 45 bundles an hour. The stretch wrap is about $20 a roll and does 140-150 bundles.

Back