Creating a custom Husqvarna...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Hyman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been asked by a few friends to create a thread and share the experience of building a custom saw. Following are pics as I start with a stock Husqvarna 353, tear it down and fully rebuild.

Thank you! And yes these are not just shelf trophies...they get used as much as my time allows. The 372 already has more than 11.7 hours or runtime and the 353 has 5 hours already. Hinerman, you burned through a tank of fuel with the 372 during the KC Charity Cut... thank you for not dulling the chain too bad ;)

Nice work! What kind of finish does that dye leave on the plastic? Is it as shiny as the original? Does it leave a coating, or simply impregnate the plastic itself.

The RIT dye does soak into the plastics to change the color but does not change the overall finish. The top cover on the 353 has more gloss because that piece was not as beat up as the other pieces... the 373 had so much UV damage that it was almost white, but also the gloss was gone

A little of topic but I have had very good luck with changing plastic colors with liquid Rit dye in the bottles by heating the water to a near boil and then adding the color.

Latest posts

Back