Creating a custom Husqvarna...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "dyeing" idea is a rather elegant soln. when dealing with "sister saws" and color schemes. Really nice finishing touch. Probably going to copycat in the near future.

Vic, the saw looks awesome! Im glad it went to someone that made as much of a neat as project out of it as you did. Good luck with it and thanks again!

Mitch and Roush for all of their help and teaching me so much!
4ce7.jpg

That's awesome.

What did you use to strip the cases?
In order to prep for powder coating, I just sand blasted the cases. that leaves the metal just rough enough to allow the powder to adhere

Is there any risk of distorting the plastic in that hot of water?
I also had this same fear. What I have found that works the best it to bring the dyed water to a low boil, insert parts and let low boil for about 10 minutes and then turn off the heat. I left the parts in overnight as the water cooled (in theory the plastic would 'pull' dye in as it cools too) and then rinse them with a 10:1 water:white vinegar solution the next morning. The vinegar helps to set the color...that also works well for dark clothes during first wash.

Latest posts

Back