Current price for a cord of wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPDISXR4Ti

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For the first time ever, I'm going to need to buy a couple cords of wood this year. I have no idea what the going rate is - can someone give me a clue? I can only assume it's gone up quite a bit. I'm down-state New York (Orange County), if that matters.

I'm on the other side of the country but...

We were charging $265 for oak and were having a hard time keeping up with demand. Just raised our prices to $285.

We sell by weight now and it averages out too $120 a cord for tree length. We can't gaurentee delivery for this year any longer either.
If you want cut and split it seems to be running at $200-$225 right now. I'd guess that very soon that will be gone. The time to buy wood is in early spring. :cheers:

I just paid $525 for 3 cords of all hardwoods. It was cut and split in the fall of 2007. Im on long Island I guess the price should be close for you. Of course thats just dumped I needed to stack it...

Last year I was $300 for a cord. This year every new customer is coming in at $360 a cord. I can sell out every year but I choose not to. I never want to run out. Then my customers won;t go looking for someone else.

Scott

Good data-points - thanks. I'll report back with what I pay - gonna try to get after it sooner rather than later.

I just posted an ad on Craigslist for $210 a cord undelivered and have been getting hits from it already. I figure when the burning season gets here it will bring a better price.

Been thinking about 1 cubic foot bundles of 14 inch stuff which will drive the price up by the cord. Lesssee'ere 128 bundles for $3.50 ea. comes to about $450 per cord. I think I'll do alright after I get a bundler built from some scap stuff around here.

Back