Dangerous Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh how I miss the orange sweaters with the hoodie lol not really but nasty overhang was a blast.
I think they had the best hoodies ever, especially the double lined ones....

I loved bombing big nasty overhang out on the other side of the lines...

I think they had the best hoodies ever, especially the double lined ones....

I loved bombing big nasty overhang out on the other side of the lines...

Yeah it kicks until you get saw hung in fiber then its a charge lol. I learned how to not get shocked after several times though. That was a fairly serious tree in your photo, I have done a great deal of them in the past. Its funny you mention climbing burning trees and staying out of the path of least resistance now days and #####'s look at you like your crazy. I did miles of line that burned a hole in the canopy and I am sure you did as well:cheers:

Yeah it kicks until you get saw hung in fiber then its a charge lol. I learned how to not get shocked after several times though. That was a fairly serious tree in your photo, I have done a great deal of them in the past. Its funny you mention climbing burning trees and staying out of the path of least resistance now days and #####'s look at you like your crazy. I did miles of line that burned a hole in the canopy and I am sure you did as well:cheers:
you mean something like this...this was just a simple single phase job...trees that had been topped many times and under brush...most diffidently not the worst I'd done...this was an easy day...

davey004.jpg

what I used to get it done...not the prettiest truck but it was very dependable and would go just about anywhere I wanted to..

davey001.jpg

Last edited:
you mean something like this...this was just a simple single phase job...trees that had been topped many times and under brush...most diffidently not the worst I'd done...this was an easy day...

davey004.jpg

what I used to get it done...not the prettiest truck but it was very dependable and would go just about anywhere I wanted to..

davey001.jpg

Not the prettiest that thing looks bad to the bone!

I have had 2wd places no one would believe on cliff edges by using winch and lowering truck to work point then adding chain and binders for safety and finally winching out! They never gave us big foots so had to improvise.
yep, if I could get it in there the winch would get it out...it's odd but that's all they use around here now is the big foot trucks, davey isn't around anymore but asplundh uses them too...

I could get that thing bouncing and bring the front wheels about 4 feet in the air.....

You Scare the Crap out of me

I do photos and videos of my work as a marketing tool on my web site. Once customers visit my web site it establishes my credibility and ability to do the work they need done.

Here, not so much, because nobody here is spending their hard earned money to hire you to do your thing. Although I did offer to hire at least one member, not to expose him as a poser, but to get some help.

Most phones today can take photos and even video, it's trivial to get some shots of you and your work. So why not do it? I'm not accusing you, or anybody, of being a poser, but it should be pretty simple to bury your accusers with a few simple shots. This one shows people I can work near their homes without causing daamage:

5308245659_94a1cd7a8e_b.jpg

And here is the video from the same job:

[video]http://gallery.me.com/douglasmetcalfe#100259[/video]

Watch the video to the end an you will see me take a fall while running my bad @ss Stihl 084. Even the simple jobs can get you hurt if you don't have a situational awarness of what you are doing and where.

Hello The Aerialist,

Just some constructive Criticism i hope you learn from the point i am bringing up.
Not Only do you seem to have a lack of Safety for your Self and your Crew, your damn lucky you still alive with the crap you pull. I would be afraid to hire you and/or work for you. I Wonder what your insurance company would say if they saw the kind of trees you climb or the Fall you Had with your Stihl ms880 ( 18 March 2010 - YouTube ) (6:04) OSHA would hit the jackpot writing you tickets. I've been doing this for 4years climbing for 2 and even I can tell your work practices are not safe. In the pine video you have no Secondary life line Just your Flip. on top of that Bucking a 16" pine with an ms880 / 25" Bar near a retaining wall without chaps. 1. that is way to big of a saw for that job let alone the bar on it. 2. Running an ms880 without chaps that just show how Unsafe you really are. 3. I watched some of your other videos at this point I would assume you dont have line clearance yet in ( Pine Tree in Powerlines - YouTube )video your well within 10ft of the line at (2:58). 4. In the video Caught By my Ropes ( Caught by my rope - YouTube ) A. you almost cut your life line as you fell over. B. you never did an undercut to the branch to keep it from hanging up on the bark and it almost cost you a visit to the hospital or much worse.....

Hope you take some time to think about the stuff I mentioned and get safer

Wow all the safety gear and still unsafe. And proud of it!!

Thats hilarious and so true, I cant believe he hasnt killed himself or any of his groundmen... This guy cracks me up:laugh:, he has all the gadgets and doesnt know how to use them....i think he did too much acid back in the day cause he's still trippin:hmm3grin2orange:..... What a nutjob!

Say aren't you the guy that just wrongly accused me of being a "spiker-trimmer"?

I would have loved to have just dropped that tree, and felt much safer too, but there way no way to do it without doing severe damage to the trees around it. I risked my life to avoid that, what have you done lately to save a tree?

If many more jackwagons jump out of this forum at me I'll just have to assume that you all are a tight click of @sses here and I might as well look for a tree forum without such a stockpile of dead wood.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
NOPE, YOUR JUST AN IDIOT! PROBABLY THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THIS INDUSTRY/FORUM/AREA OF RESIDENCE/STATE/COUNTRY/CONTINENT....HOLY **** YOU ARE DUMB!:laugh::laugh:

I still miss his videos.:(
It was weird.. he'd get beat up by the lowering line on a cut from bad positioning... then ask
"did you get that on tape?".. and be relieved when the answer was yes..
like he was trying to show just how dangerous the profession is, not realizing that he was making it a LOT more dangerous than need be.

The #1 lesson IMO is body positioning relative to the cut... rookies are always cutting from bad positions..

It was weird.. he'd get beat up by the lowering line on a cut from bad positioning... then ask
"did you get that on tape?".. and be relieved when the answer was yes..
like he was trying to show just how dangerous the profession is, not realizing that he was making it a LOT more dangerous than need be.

The #1 lesson IMO is body positioning relative to the cut... rookies are always cutting from bad positions..

Oh man does it bother you a banned members thread gets more action then yours :msp_scared:

Back