1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

David Bradley chainsaws

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by trowel, Nov 28, 2011.

1. trowel

trowel Baumklettern.

Nov 26, 2011
    I did not see a introdution thread so i'll start here if that's ok, im currently working on two stuck U4G, model # 917.60026 and 917.60027, both has been sitting outside for god know how long.
    The 58G Direct Drive after 5 to 7 years sitting, cleaned out and breaking back in, recoil spring broke so i rope stated it david bradley chainsaw - YouTube

freed up chain, tuned the carb a little but the gas mix is heavy, recoil was fixed and put back on after the vid. david bradley chainsaw - YouTube

The 58G Gear Drive, had not been run in 10 to 12 years, piston was stuck but carb and fuel line was good, this is 2 hr.'s into breaking back in, 1/2 inch pitch chain has a broken link so looking for another, also heavy on the oil david bradley gear drive chainsaw - YouTube

Both saws are fed SAE 30 non-detergent oil mixed with 89 octane gas and tuned in but the real test is when i buck up some firewood, still waiting for the U4Gs to free up, here's some picturs of them :

I may not be rich but at least i have my toys, thank's for looking,