Deliveries

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Deliveries are starting early this year.
People have asked in the past that I save them wood for Fall.
I tell them no, I don't save wood. I don't do a list.
Many call back again, but late in the year, and often I'm out.
I actually like selling out early, way before the snow flies.
One year I was delivering and the snow banks on the cross roads were six foot high, mailboxes buried...driveways narrow and socked in.
I love these early orders.

I don't ever run out, but get to the point where I'm usually easily a month behind on orders.
I'm hoping this year won't be so bad between adding at least 1 truck and doing a summer sale.
Hopefully I will be able to find a decent hired hand too. Last year was either they would have seriously not had the brains to work at the gas pump and/or they expected union wages... ie 3-4X min wage!

Yeah summer is always easier for deliveries. Having to chain up and still slide down the driveway at about 45mph with a 50,000lb truck is really fun.

Spring and summer deliveries are now in progress for me: campfire wood. Great for patios, parks, and beaches. I usually put together 10 to 20 truckloads and 600 bundles before Labor Day. I save some mulberry to mix in for Memorial Day and July 4th. Sparks galore in campfires. People love it.

But, practically anything that lights easily and burns fast with good flame in the summer time is what people want the most -- cottonwood, poplar, soft maple, willow, linden, etc. Heck, even pine, cedar, and fir work in campfires.

All woodcutters here are shut down on crown land due to ground conditions and migratory birds.
I work only privately owned land, so my best season is from April to Oct.
I only sell 100- 125 crds a year in a village of 800.

All woodcutters here are shut down on crown land due to ground conditions and migratory birds.
I work only privately owned land, so my best season is from April to Oct.
I only sell 100- 125 crds a year in a village of 800.
sounds like my kind of operation slow and easy with time to take a break at will with sore an tired old bone's...

About 450,000 people in a 100 mile radius of me.

Sold 2 cords yesterday to the former governor. He even stopped by (drove 40 miles) to visit, and mostly meet my dog.

About 450,000 people in a 100 mile radius of me.

Sold 2 cords yesterday to the former governor. He even stopped by (drove 40 miles) to visit, and mostly meet my dog.
valley, you are the popular one! any day now "Sarah" should be knocking at your door looking for some hard wood... lol

Rain, rain go away. Enough already. This weather is killing the campfire market at the parks and recreation areas. People are staying inside. So, we bide are time and wait for the sun. One of these days it will reappear.

Meanwhile, I'll keep fixing chainsaws. I've got five of them on the bench that need attention -- one Husky, three Stihls, and one Echo. All of them are good rainy day projects.

Latest posts

Back