Delta Colorado

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly Missoula is wrapping up Collegiate Conclave so I will be in the completely opposite direction that weekend. My friends and my saw may be in Delta though...

I looking forward to traveling some more this summer when school is out, and perhaps finally meet some of the cats who compete in the Colorado/New Mexico area this summer.

Wow, never been. What happens at one of those events? I'm only an hour and half away so maybe I'll bring some people and check it out. Although I'll probably be too busy with work......

Wow, never been. What happens at one of those events? I'm only an hour and half away so maybe I'll bring some people and check it out. Although I'll probably be too busy with work......

Welcome to AS.
I was fortunate enough to live in the Uncampadgre Vally for a few years in the early eightys. You live in a bueatiful place, with some of the best skiing in the world.
Did the beetle kill in CO get your area.

I didn't get to go last year, my son decided to get married on that day.
So far none of my kid's has set a 4/26/08 wedding date.

What happens? Chainsaw racing, chopping, axe throw, Men's & Women's double & single sawing, etc, etc, oh yeah, everyone's favorite..........The Open Hot Saw.

My buddy went last year, and said it was a really good show. Some guy's from the west coast (that were on the Stihl Timbersports series) were there competing.

Andy

Beetles and skiing

Welcome to AS.
I was fortunate enough to live in the Uncampadgre Vally for a few years in the early eightys. You live in a bueatiful place, with some of the best skiing in the world.
Did the beetle kill in CO get your area.

"the beetle kill" Thats complicated. We have a pretty diverse forest. Balsam fir beetle is hitting Sub Alpine Fir. Douglas Fir is getting hit by some bark beetle and there are others. But we have not had any massive kills in any one species.

Yep, the skiing is great here! Especially now during this incredible season. Spring is calling though and to work I must go.

Tyler

I guess I should explain the beetle kill a bit more. In the front range, vail and dillon and on down to denver, they have a forest that is primarily Lodgepole Pine. Mtn. Pine Beetle has taken over because the forest is mainly one species and is easy prey. Here we have enough diversity that one beetle cannot destroy the entire the forest. So far!

Latest posts

Back