Depth of face cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any man in this tree business who has roughly 1400 more 'likes', than he does actual posts...speaks zero ******** in my book. Gotta tip my hat to ya. I'm no logger, woodsman by trade, just side stuff...I enjoy reading your no frills, no spills advice... Gypo Logger the same. Good reading gentleman!!
Sir, if this post was directed towards me then.....
1) thank you
2) you are a terrible judge of a man's character/knowledge

If this was directed at Gologit, then u'r assessment was spot on

Hey, just wanted to let you all know that I used some advice from this thread for a dead pine along a fence line. As I assessed the situation, I thought about making my back cut first due to this thread. So that's what I did, back cut, putting wedges (plastic) in, then made the face cut, finished the back cut, tapped the wedges, fell where I wanted. Told my wife, the credit goes to this thread.
Even though this thread has stalled, at a minimum it lead to one safe tree on the ground.

and.....Bob, if every tree was the same we would been hauling giant dowels lol. and i'd prolly got bored with logging long ago.

LOL...that's what a lot of our logs are like but I never did get bored. Aggravated sometimes, but never bored. They might look the same but they sure don't act the same.

Nice looking logs. Here's more dowels...

PA131799.jpg

P6240007.jpg

Latest posts

Back