Did finger ports kill this 394?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It runs great, the little bit I have had a chance to run it. I don't really have anything worthy of using it on right now. I put a 395 meteor piston in it with the finger ported jug, and no problems. I had planned on testing this setup vs a regular un-ported 394 jug just to see the difference, but haven't had any large logs to make it worthwhile yet. It will pull a 34" full comp with an 8 pin through a 36" willow without slowing down, but willow is really soft. I think I will be keeping this one and selling my 288.

Glad to hear that it is alive again. Looks like a fun saw, I bet it sounds good too.
:cheers:

Somebody put new rings on a old piston and the new rings are what saved it from hanging and the old piston as several said was smacking and knocked a skirt off and grenaded.
If it was a new piston and rings it still would have eventually swarmed.

As ring gap increased it would have hung.

It runs great, the little bit I have had a chance to run it. I don't really have anything worthy of using it on right now. I put a 395 meteor piston in it with the finger ported jug, and no problems. I had planned on testing this setup vs a regular un-ported 394 jug just to see the difference, but haven't had any large logs to make it worthwhile yet. It will pull a 34" full comp with an 8 pin through a 36" willow without slowing down, but willow is really soft. I think I will be keeping this one and selling my 288.

So I hope I'm not bugging you but can you post a video of this animal?

I can put up a video, but I have no idea when. I don't have anything big enough to use it on right now. It is drained of fuel and locked up with some other saws that aren't going to be used for a while. As soon as I get a big log to mill, it will make an appearance.

Back