Did Homelite ever make a twin?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We couldn`t afford to use two good chainsaws to power a cart. Instead we built this type of buggy from free scrap pipe and abandoned rusted out VW`s. Most wern`t this pretty but you get the idea from the pict,

images
images

Isn't a mac BP100 a twin? It was pull from service because if the governor failed it would gernade.
Better ask a Mac pro.
Use the search here for bp100

Mcculloch made the BP399 that was the same design as the BP1
but a two cylinder engine designed for snowmobiles but never
made it into production. A few were made and Mark Heimann
has two of them.
Lee
well of course that got me curious.
Got some nice pics here even.
http://macbobaust.com/engines.html
edit: Has anyone tried to build a counterbalanced motor, but based on this pumping action?
lol, Anyone got spare Echo evl610 sitting around to carve on?

Homelite did make a twin cylinder industrial application engine early on that was used in generators and water pumps.

Marshall Trover built a custom two-man, twin cylinder saw with one of those engines. It's about the coolest saw on the planet.

well of course that got me curious.
Got some nice pics here even.
http://macbobaust.com/engines.html
edit: Has anyone tried to build a counterbalanced motor, but based on this pumping action?
lol, Anyone got spare Echo evl610 sitting around to carve on?

Mastermind "Randy" was doing a build a few years ago on a
Echo 610 but not sure if it ever got done. Thread went on for
ever and i gave up reading all the BS in it.

Lee

We just built the go kart out of wood and used a 2 cycle lawn mower engine turned on it's side. Direct drive pulley to one wheel, no brakes, steer with your feet. It was fun! (Until my friends Father discovered he no longer had a lawnmower)! We would push each other to get it started, shut the engine down to stop.

Back