did some coyote calling today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny story that I may have shared before.

My dad and his friend were out mule deer hunting in Montana. His friend and his guide were driving down the road and happened to see a coyote out in one of their fields. As they pull over and get the gun out, a school bus pulls up behind them and stops. He asked his guide if he should let the yote go because the kids are watching. The guide says, "no, shoot it!" He proceeds to drop the yote and all the kids in the bus (who were of course children from the neighboring farms) erupt in applause and cheers!

Not if your protecting livestock
I'm in a no hunt at night state and talked to game warden about the problems and told me farmer and ranchers can do what ever means need to be taken
Last several years I have been hunting grain bags for yotes and coons

The mice would get them and the yotes would try to dig to them from the top of the bag and make hell of a mess

Ruins a lot of grain
You protect what makes you money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have near zero give when it comes to shooting after dark by our RCMP and Conservation officers but it comes down to use and timing. 1 guy out in a field with a shot or 2 from a small bore won't get the neighbors calling the cops, a crew of trucks, spot lights and 100 rounds of 338L going off is gona get ya a paddlin'.....

Most of the Conservation officers are very understanding when it comes to livestock protection and just ask that you use common sense and safety but if the RCMP show up all bets are off as they are very by the books.

Our CO's are spread real thin so unless someone is doing a lot of shooting, has a big mouth, or random bad luck they would never be investigated.

Seems the CO'S aren't too interested in writing tickets after their get through their first few rookie years. I think I was checked three or four years in a row while hunting or fishing when the current guy came to town 15 years ago and haven't seen him since.

Nice shot! A lot of snow there. Weekend was cold but hit upper 50s here in Ohio today. Muddy! I split wood instead. They were carrying on out back of my place pretty good this weekend but I had to work late and couldn't get after them! Keep the motivational pics coming!

We spend a lot of time hunting them here. Hardly ever use the rabbit in distress sound any longer. To many newbees using it with E callers and mouth calls education them. We are having real good luck with the squealing piglet even thought there are now wild pigs nor tame pigs in the area. We believe it is because it is different and new sound. We also run two calls at the same time here, one the pig or a fawn and the second one coyotes enjoying the kill.

Week ago Saturday two of my friends took our fur buyer out with his 17 year old daughter for the whole day. They got 9 coyotes the daughter getting 4 of them.

We are getting $30.00 for whole carcasses and 65 for skinned stretched and sewn hides.

:D Al

Back