Didier logsplitter valve replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malarz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a new Cross logsplitter valve to replace the old on a Didier Panther. Can someone provide a tutorial on how to replace the valve? Do I need to drain all the hydraulic oil? What are the torque settings for the the attachement bolts? At first looking at the valve the process appears to be simple but I'd like to know how to proceed befor making a mess of things.

Thanks for any help.

Ken

No need to drain the tank if its like i am thinking. Follow your pressure line to the valve and look for a check valve. If no check then just break looke the fressure line and make sure there is no pressure. Then remove the valve. As far as torque value it would depend on bolt size and if it is a solid, as in metal to metal.

I have a Didier model 30101 ram just started to pop when pressure builds on wood shoots wood 20 feet any help ? seem like it doesn't kick down to second stage.

Found my problem I think there was a blown o ring in the pump hope it works now gonna cut some wood give it a try only had 1 price of wood but seen much better thanks for the help

Very good news to hear. Once yiu said you had bubbly fluid i knew you had a pump problem. Good job.

Hello, I have joined the Didier ranks, finding an unmarked splitter. Reading thru many of the posts, it looks like I have an MF26. It runs and operates, but the valve is leaking. It is a Cross valve, no
model number found. This valve has an extra section on the opposite end of the handle compared to most of those pictured on the forum. It is leaking between the main body and this section. I have replaced the small O-ring with one from the hardware store between this section and the main body. No luck. I changed the O-rings on each of the valve body, no change. Does anyone know the model number of this valve and does anyone know how to stop this leak ? A copy of the manual would handy too, this splitter has no marking other than the Cross valve, and the B&S engine. :) Cylinder is not marked as well . Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• SDC13056.JPG
    SDC13056.JPG
    643 KB · Views: 8
Back