Didier splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2-stage pumps operate in all positions. The two places air can get into the system are low fluid level in reservior and hose between reservior and pump. The rest of the hydraulic system is under pressure which can leak fluid but not suck air.

A larger oil tank would be a good upgrade along with a filter if you're investing in a new pump. The one gallon tank is honestly too small. I feel 5 gallon tank would be good, although I went with a ten gallon which is a little over kill

vemu8eqe.jpg

I just got the new intake or suction hose. WAY stouter that what was on there. The new pump is a 1" intake and the stock Didier resivoir is I think 5/8 or 3/4, so I might be looking at a new tank. They aint cheap though.

Thoughts?

I just got the new intake or suction hose. WAY stouter that what was on there. The new pump is a 1" intake and the stock Didier resivoir is I think 5/8 or 3/4, so I might be looking at a new tank. They aint cheap though.

Thoughts?
you can build your own tank for little or nothing I made mine out of a portable air tank

ok, So, the control unit is replaced, the pump is new and I have a new 3 gallon tank. I found that the pump was sucking the intake hose closed. I am going to install the tank today. Any objections to welding tube stock to the plate, then affixing the tank to that? That way the pump has a straight shot for intake of fluid.

P.S.
I have a new intake hose and return hose. Both from SUrplus Center..

So I got about 15 cords split with this and the 3" $50 replacement cylinder I used finally crapped the bed.!! It was an epic failure! Entire front of cylinder burst out! I can not believe how hard it is in NJ to find a shop that rebuilds cylinders!!

I am looking at a true replacement cylinder. I did not see these before and I looked, believe me. Might be that the weather is getting cooler and more wood splitters are being used. But I am going to buy this and still try to get the original repaired. I have a friend who might be able to get it repaired..

More to come..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281134806054?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

So I got about 15 cords split with this and the 3" $50 replacement cylinder I used finally crapped the bed.!! It was an epic failure! Entire front of cylinder burst out! I can not believe how hard it is in NJ to find a shop that rebuilds cylinders!!

I am looking at a true replacement cylinder. I did not see these before and I looked, believe me. Might be that the weather is getting cooler and more wood splitters are being used. But I am going to buy this and still try to get the original repaired. I have a friend who might be able to get it repaired..

More to come..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281134806054?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

So maybe I am not sure but I thought you just measured the outer diameter of the ram and that's what the ram was.. I.e a 4" ram measured 4" across. Anyway, I ordered the above cylinder and it was 4.5" across. I cut off the eyelets and installed the cylinder. I had to modify the clamps to accommodate the extra .5". The cycle time is now a lot slower than the 3" ram that I was using, but it is way more powerful. I think that the 3" was 12 ton. This 4.5" cylinder should put out 22 tons.. It is ultra powerful. It splits sideways!!!

SIdeways!!!

In the end, the juice was not worth the squeeze on this round as it was close to not usable. Too long for my stove and just eh.. It was cloose to 40". I should have gotten a shot with a tape measure.. This was the base of a red Oak tree so it is wavy and full of knots.

Here's a spec sheet on Didier's - hope you can read it.

didier.jpg

Shari
Good info on this site. I am a new member and have a Didier splitter that we have had in the family since early 80's. Can't find the manual for it. I see that u have sent manuals to some members on here. Can u hook me up also? Thanks,

Good info on this site. I am a new member and have a Didier splitter that we have had in the family since early 80's. Can't find the manual for it. I see that u have sent manuals to some members on here. Can u hook me up also? Thanks,

Ozzman,

Click on my name (on the left, below the picture of my stove) and then click on "Start A Conversation" - send me your email and I will send you the files I have.

Shari

Attached is a pic of ours in process of being put back together. I was originally a bit embarrassed that good ol' "Did" is so greasy so I was going to clean it off but thought better of it as it sits outside all the time with just a tarp on it.

P1010070.jpg

"Did" has new hoses now, routed a bit different than shown in the photo. He hasn't let me down yet!

By the way, vintage is in the 1970's somewhere.

Shari

I was just checking CL and saw a pic that looked familiar...

Log splitter - $450 (New washington)
00E0E_fHQ8BGe3rdz_600x450.jpg

Sears/ didier log splitter. Has a 2 stage pump with a Briggs and Stratton 5 hp engine. Splits up 19 in logs. Splitter sits low to the ground so you do not have to lift very high. Runs well. Call or text ... asking 450 or best offer. Thanks

I was just checking CL and saw a pic that looked familiar...

Log splitter - $450 (New washington)
00E0E_fHQ8BGe3rdz_600x450.jpg

Sears/ didier log splitter. Has a 2 stage pump with a Briggs and Stratton 5 hp engine. Splits up 19 in logs. Splitter sits low to the ground so you do not have to lift very high. Runs well. Call or text ... asking 450 or best offer. Thanks

Yes that is my photo - the ad is NOT mine. Care to share a link to the ad.............. some one needs to be taken out to the woodshed for a teachin'.

Shari

Yes that is my photo - the ad is NOT mine. Care to share a link to the ad.............. some one needs to be taken out to the woodshed for a teachin'.

Shari

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/grd/4749237682.html

FWIW, I suspect the only reason they used it is that your pic is the first hit in a Google image search for "didier splitter." I'd ascribe it to laziness or lack of a camera rather than malice.

Back