Didier splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure of which pump is on that model but if it is a 2-stage will switch to low flow/high pressure if it doesn't the engine will stall.
The wood flying is not because of the hydraulics by itself it is more due to particular pieces of wood I have had a couple that popped that way.

I found the problem blown oring in the pump works great now ;-)

Does anyone have a valid manual(owners, parts or service manual), for a Craftsman 498.286671? Picked it up off the side of the road and repowered it, working well but things like the lines are old and starting to go, would be nice to know the parts numbers of those and other items on the splitter. Thanks

Does anyone have a valid manual(owners, parts or service manual), for a Craftsman 498.286671? Picked it up off the side of the road and repowered it, working well but things like the lines are old and starting to go, would be nice to know the parts numbers of those and other items on the splitter. Thanks
Try going to the Sears web site and put in that number under service.

Yea I did go to craftsmen website, no luck. Too old of a model I guess. I know some company made this splitter for many mfrs so maybe that mfr's site has the service manual/parts listing.

Here's a spec sheet on Didier's - hope you can read it.

didier.jpg

Shari
I bought my first wood splitter and am looking for a owners manual and read that you have them please help it is a didier model 26 thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    796.9 KB · Views: 37
Picked up a Sears labeled splitter think it might be a Didier.
c8b7a26735d3631318332d8691c9c4be.jpg

Got it for a good price, the cylinder leaks at the ram. How does one get this apart
da7de279bcc135f0fafee4100216ba65.jpg
I guess that is the kind held together by a piece of wire. One end of the "wire" which looks more like a c-clip has a small hole for c-clip pliers but the other end does not.
Also, engine will stall if it can not split it, how do you add a pressure bypass (i guess that is what it is called), so it does not stall the engine out. Will a new valve do it?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Shari - The people I got the splitter from found their original Sears manual for it! I scanned it and emailed a copy to you. Feel free to share it with anyone who needs it.

If anyone can use a copy, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email a copy.
Just bought a LMF19 today. Please send a copy of manual for Didier Splitter to [email protected]. Thanks!

This is my 1st attempt at posting on a forum. I just picked up a Didier CB-19, my 1st splitter . I would like to have a manual for it. Thanks!

Any chance anyone would know what hydraulic filter would go on this Didier?

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    982 KB · Views: 19
  • untitled1.png
    untitled1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Thank you. I can't wait to get home and look a little closer to see what mods were actually made.

I love Craigslist......

Back