Diesel chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like two stroke smell, but mine only smoke a little when cranked, if any equipment smoked a lot or more when run hard, I wouldn't want anything to do with it.

There would be little industrial use for it, and no commercial use in the future as the Safety people are already having us use CO detectors and measure are quality when working around others in less than breezy situations.

If you crank a generator, to power a fan, to clear the smoke from the equipment your using; are you helping or hurting.

old version

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hXR3ZOPlRys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

new version

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NJTSwA4sYyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Need one of those when I'm getting chased by the cops:laugh:

Diesel is high but so is driving way out of your way to get ethanol free gas and HP oil. Diesels have torque but there slower. I would think a gearbox would be needed to speed the chain up or it would have a nasty chain for low speed. Sounds heavy and bs to me.
Maybe just running a bigger sprocket with more teeth (bike theory) would get the rpms up enough-- thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

No one is talking about how you get the thing started. I guess we couldn't be expected to pull it over with that kind of compression, so we need electric starting which means the added weight of starter motor and a decent battery? Do I hear glo-plugs? Should be entertaining in the middle of the winter.

Latest posts

Back