Difference between oe346 and ne346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
top ends,coil, clutch cover color, purge bulb etc......... i like them both but there's just something about an OE. my old OE flat out smoked my buddies NE. it might have had something to do with the chain though ;)

After reading here, I was under the impression that a ne flat out smoked an oe. Perhaps I misunderstood. Any translations to the red ones?
They are pretty close actually. NE has 50cc and a bit more torque. OE has 45cc and a bit higher rpm. I have both and both are ported.

Jonsered models were 2149? For the oe and 2153 for the ne. Don't believe the 2149 was available in the states.

Some OE had HDA159a carbs.

I think it was 2147.

There was a limited run of 44.3mm without a decomp.

just thought i'd fix it for ya. seems you got stihls on the mind LOL there were many small things that changed but the designation change had nothing to do with it. another one would be the tank vent.

The owner of the mill I work for has a 346 OE ( no decomp) that looks new. Saw has about 5 tanks of gas run through it. He recently bought a new 550. He may be interested in selling it, any idea what a fair price is?

Latest posts

Back