dirt inside air filter of 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikemike, I do cose it. When I took this picture it was open I wanted to make sure it was clean before I blew it out with the compressor. In this pic you can see the lever mark in the sawdust, a bunch had already fallen out. It was packed pretty tight in there.
View attachment 485311
That is why some ppl are not using filter covers.

I don't have a cover on My oh26pro. Not cause I run it withoutone but I didn't get a cover with it to begin with 20150403_112613.jpg

I haven't been cutting for the last week or so. been working on the log lift build. but I was just gonna buy a new filter. but I think the grease around the choke lever is a good idea.

certainly one possible solution. and I am not saying its anything but a good idea. but not a good idea for me.... too messy! imo, i'd never do that. but that is just me [and my 2-cents opinion] :)

the thing that bothers me, and makes this thread interesting to me since I also have an 026... is I believe you said previous tankful u did not see this much dust inside filter. and that you clean 'tween refills. I am assuming outside and also look etc inside too. then u run saw. and now, one tank later u have accumulated a lot of what u had not thru previouse tankful... given no oversight, I would want to know why?

bikemike, I do cose it. When I took this picture it was open I wanted to make sure it was clean before I blew it out with the compressor. In this pic you can see the lever mark in the sawdust, a bunch had already fallen out. It was packed pretty tight in there.
View attachment 485311

that is an incredible pix, imo. quite interesting to see. so much dust in and around filtered area feeding air to carb. what that pix tells me, now that I am [few days later] over the shock factor... :eek: is that your filter is working well. throat of carb for all intents and purposes... spotless! :cool:

That is why some ppl are not using filter covers.

I don't have a cover on My oh26pro. Not cause I run it withoutone but I didn't get a cover with it to begin with View attachment 485313

if that was my saw, I would source the cover. given that it is not what you want to do, I would at least run a pre-filter. I have never heard the term: Colorado filter before today, but at the very least I do think something, fabric such as panty hose to fit, secured with tie-strap would make a suitable one.

I have about 20 saws, when one doesn't go vroom room, I just grab another one. Wish it worked that way with wimmen too. :)

lol... " when a woman don't go 'boom, varoom ba boom boom!... I just grab another one." lol, paraphrasing.

be cautious though.. while most men could handle 20 saws... very doubtful any man can handle a stable of [20] women like that! unless just taking 'em out to dinner, movie, etc... but by month's end... #1 gunna be a bit P.O.'d... lol.

I like your handle. :) good repair, did u do that?
Yeah I didn't want to buy a tank so I made a grip cover. IL do another one some day with a burly looking wood. That is 2x4 pine and determined to run my oh26pro at the mn gtg. It's a Lil screamer that stihl needs more work at 20 bucks I am not complaining

imo, good question... I would be interested in hearing if it was and if had any effect, too.
I know a saw sucks up a lot of dust through the flywheel and uses to cool the engine. So they use engine heat to prevent carb icing. So if the heat vent is open it will take in more debris around the carb

thanks for the pic. are you able to pull the filter halves apart to clean it?

Yes, they come apart easily as the silicon is a layer around the out side once the filter is snapped together and not glued together. It just peels off when you use plain jane clear silicon and not some super adhesion stuff like Yamabond but don't get any on the flocking or it's there forever. 3 -4 hrs of set up and go chuck chips,been doing this for a loooong time.

I know a saw sucks up a lot of dust through the flywheel and uses to cool the engine. So they use engine heat to prevent carb icing. So if the heat vent is open it will take in more debris around the carb

I was just wondering as I noticed my 044 is set at open. since I am not in freezing conditions, should I run it closed?....

and wont be cutting infreezing condition, u can bet on that!! lol

I was just wondering as I noticed my 044 is set at open. since I am not in freezing conditions, should I run it closed?....

probably should run it closed down there in zone 9.:D but you should really come up to some nice cold air to run that thing. seems like they really rip in the low humidity /cold air.

Yeah I would close it and run a tank or 2 and se what ur outcome is. I bet the carb box will stay cleaner

K, lets see...cause I almost bought a 562

OK here ya go, filters and intake horn on 550 & 562's. Had grease in groove too. Tried an O ring also an no help.

k9e4us.jpg

24bp2cg.jpg

181x06.jpg

i56lp2.jpg

For reference, this is the intake on the saw I have used the most, a 346XP that has never been cleaned. This easily has 10 times the amount of hours as the above saws.

fvzc5c.jpg

Here is a picture I like, (was in this folder) a Helko Vario 2000 splitting axe I hung on the wall, wife got really pi$$ed. :yes:

id5a34.jpg

just found this video. it doesnt say what their cold air intakes are set as though.

probably should run it closed down there in zone 9.:D but you should really come up to some nice cold air to run that thing. seems like they really rip in the low humidity /cold air.

You woulda been happy this morning then .... -34 .... and then 30 for a high on Sunday.... what a swing....

Back