Dismantle or Fell?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutter Dan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help here. My Uncle asked if I'd be interested in removing these two trees for him so I stopped by to give it a look. I'm not sure exactly what kind of threes these two are but they are about 45' tall. The one on the left overhangs the residence. I don't know if climbing them would be safe with all that ivy growing on them. Also the neighbor has a tree on the right, there's a mailbox on the left and the residence behind the trees so there's very little room for error here. Suggestions?20170326_154915.jpg

Attachments

• 20170326_154727.jpg
    20170326_154727.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 80
You better quote enough money to get the job done safe. It is not too hard if you have experience and a good system. I usually go up the tree and take the limbs off first then. If I am working alone I go up as high as possible and make an undercut then pull the top down with my winch. It all takes time so it can not be done cheap. Thanks

Looks pretty easy to fell with a rope and good pull. Or climb either, the vines no worries except set a rope before climbing and have groundy tend slack so your safe. Those vines are more a hindrance than anything and you can clear them out with a pole pruner before climbing if you felt safer. I could drop those puppies chip n load be done by 3 by myself :muscle:

You better quote enough money to get the job done safe. It is not too hard if you have experience and a good system. I usually go up the tree and take the limbs off first then. If I am working alone I go up as high as possible and make an undercut then pull the top down with my winch. It all takes time so it can not be done cheap. Thanks
I'm estimating both trees and the removal (No stump removal) at $850.00. Does that sound about right to you? I'd climb and cut the branches and canopy then fell the tree.

I'm sorry but two questions within a month asking how to cut down a tree??? Dude you are asking for trouble if you have no clue and you are starting your own biz... like seriously go find experienced people then work for them, it'll take atleast 3 to 5 years but then you won't kill yourself or smash a customers house.... I'm sorry if I sound harsh.
For an uncle? I'd do it for free. He buys lunch.... everybody at our company never charges family for work. The company will even send a whole crew and equipment out to your property and still pay you while you are there! Jus sayin

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but two questions within a month asking how to cut down a tree??? Dude you are asking for trouble if you have no clue and you are starting your own biz... like seriously go find experienced people then work for them, it'll take atleast 3 to 5 years but then you won't kill yourself or smash a customers house.... I'm sorry if I sound harsh.
For an uncle? I'd do it for free. He buys lunch.... everybody at our company never charges family for work. The company will even send a whole crew and equipment out to your property and still pay you while you are there! Jus sayin

Not everyone cuts trees full time. This is a part time thing for me and my friends. When was asking for suggestions such a bad thing anyways? I'm not about to get in an argument in the comment section of a forum but maybe you should keep some of your opinions to yourself.

If you cut trees part time or full time does not matter you are starting a business and you don't have a clue! Be sure to tell your perspective customers you are learning as you go here and all your work revolves around advice from the Internet.... don't get hurt because you don't like my opinion, zip up your man suit and button the top button and wear that thing! If you want to be a tree guy you can't be sensative! We almost made one of our climbers cry, after he left us he has been fired from three other tree services, probably for being a whiner..

Look at it from my couch you have two very easy front yard trees, and you are asking how?

Bald cypress in Oklahoma?
But, just drop them, I would sent my ground guys to do it,
Jeff,,man-suit always on, :cool:
Looks like there are a few remaining leaves are they leaves? Idk what you call them things bald cypress have... ha they look cypressy. We have bald cypress in chicago pretty sure they rnt really native here but there's some pretty big ones.

Looks like there are a few remaining leaves are they leaves? Idk what you call them things bald cypress have... ha they look cypressy. We have bald cypress in chicago pretty sure they rnt really native here but there's some pretty big ones.

no biggie what they are, but I would just drop them from the looks of the pic,
Jeff

Back