dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A trip to Lowe's and now I have this thing
View attachment 826547

It's a g3800 style saw, not strato charged but the cylinder is a quad closed transfer with removable covers like on the 543xp, gz4500, and 4000 but the intake is just a single port with an impulse hole.

View attachment 826548View attachment 826549View attachment 826550
I had no idea they were selling those! It's basically an Earthquake/G3800 clone, but with that transfer design it's far better. Do you know what the displacement actually is? I assume it's a cat muffler?

That can be a fast little saw. Should be easy to port with those removable covers giving access to the transfers - put some card stock in the cylinder to prevent damage on the far side cylinder wall and use a small flat file.

Pretty amazing: this is now the best 40cc saw on the market, and for $150!

I think it's actually 40cc, this one is made by a company called painier. At less than a 130 dollars it's a great deal.

The 46cc craftsman unfortunately looks just like a normal china 5200 on the parts diagram, no transfer covers.

I had no idea they were selling those! It's basically an Earthquake/G3800 clone, but with that transfer design it's far better. Do you know what the displacement actually is? I assume it's a cat muffler?

That can be a fast little saw. Should be easy to port with those removable covers giving access to the transfers - put some card stock in the cylinder to prevent damage on the far side cylinder wall and use a small flat file.

How much area do you file off in the transfers?

How much area do you file off in the transfers?
I have no idea what the timing is on that one to start with - it's a similar design to the transfers on the strato GZ4000 so you can aces them the same way, but that may have diferent timing.

Thread bump! Got more than 20 tanks through my S145 and it is a strong runner compared to the earthquake. Enlarged the outlet on the muffler and drilled a bunch of holes in the baffle and one 3/4 inch hole in the cat.

Latest posts

Back