Do you use the china air filters on your saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TysonH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I wanted to know what everyone thought of the china air filters saw and your other power equipment ? I picked up a 3 pack for my FS250 for less than a price of one Stihl brand filter just to try them out, havent quite brought myself to use them on one of my saws yet. As far as other off brand stuff for my equipment, not really a guy can buy the good NGK plugs in packs off amazon for $2/plug shipped. I would never use a china internal parts but whatever floats our boat right ?

Me personally only if OEM or high quality AM is not available.

I wanted to know what everyone thought of the china air filters saw and your other power equipment ? I picked up a 3 pack for my FS250 for less than a price of one Stihl brand filter just to try them out, havent quite brought myself to use them on one of my saws yet. As far as other off brand stuff for my equipment, not really a guy can buy the good NGK plugs in packs off amazon for $2/plug shipped. I would never use a china internal parts but whatever floats our boat right ?
I have only used OEM air filters so far.

depends on the fitment for me. i won't trust any of the 365/372 AM filters. so loose fit they flop around on the filter holder. some of the AM stihl filters i've used were pretty good though.

i have proof that air filters aren't needed

1999_07_Indonesia_Gunung_Leuser_Log.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

You ought to see some of the saws that come in here, even a piece of Kleenex over the carb would be an improvement. The last half dozen guys said to fix it the cheapest way possible. Who knows, might be a back up saw or something. I'm guessing that China makes several OEM filters also.

Back