Does a bear **** in the woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg Around here they just climb up on my log pile and take care of business lol. Guess he liked the view from 6 feet off the ground.

well, my first guess is yes, yes they do, but not that bear. He **** on your wood....If you can stand to get it in the burner i doubt its gonna cause problems...unless you catch said bear in the act!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny.

We had a dog that would back up to whatever incline he could find to crap. He'd be there with hit butt uphill on a snowbank with turds rolling past him as he let them go. Never could understand that lol.
LOL....I had my American Bulldog "Knuckles" always point North before he pooped...lol.

That's funny.

We had a dog that would back up to whatever incline he could find to crap. He'd be there with hit butt uphill on a snowbank with turds rolling past him as he let them go. Never could understand that lol.

Our shop dog Lucy would do that. And chase the turds as they rolled down.

There are also some pretty good scratches on the bark that aren't quite big enough to show up in pictures. Still saying just off volume alone, this is more than just a 30 some pound coon which is being generous.

I'd have to believe it came from coon too when looking at it. The pieces are rather small versus bear crap which usually looks like a partially melted quart of ice cream.

thats definitely bear crap. ask me how i know :(
How do you know?

I could go through my woods and nearly every horizontal log would have piles of crap just like that. Either full of corn or full of cherry pits like in the picture and we don't have bears in our area. I still say it's coon crap.

ive stepped in enough bear crap in my days to know . ive never seen coon crap that large , although its not all that huge. so there is a possibility it could be either. looks like a good mix of berrys which bears love.

There is definetaly more than one application of scat in the above picture, most likely from three different drops. Any piles of bear scat I've seen unless from a cub, is big enough to look like it came from a big horse. 100% coon crap in my book.

Back