Does this look like 7 cord (log length) to you? Or did I get gypped?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaltGrizzly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought log length this year for the first time. Wanted to make my life a little easier for the next couple years. Took me a little bit to find someone to deliver up to me ( live on the side of a mountain ) but I finally found someone that would truck it to me.

Today I got my delivery and looking at it, I'm having a hard time picturing this being 7 cord. But to be fair I have never seen what 7 cord looks like in log length so maybe it's just me. Paid $785 delivered. What do you experts think? For reference I am 6'3"

.IMG_1659.JPG IMG_1657.JPG IMG_1656.JPG IMG_1661.JPG

Ok your 6'3... the obvious question now is how big is he?

mabye it's five cords I'm thinking at best. It looks like the lengths are approx 8 ft long and the pile is loose. Cut and stacked I figure it is way off the mark. Just one mans opinion.

Ok your 6'3... the obvious question now is how big is he?

mabye it's five cords I'm thinking at best. It looks like the lengths are approx 8 ft long and the pile is loose. Cut and stacked I figure it is way of the mark. Just one mans opinion.
Maybe 5, but dont bet on it close though. What size truck dumped that?

Contact your State's division of weights and measures. I am sure that Vermont has a legal definition of a cord. Pay be credit card? If so, put a 'hold' or contest the charge.

Get a tape measure, and cube it out. A 'cord' is usually defined after it is cut and stacked, but that should give you some kind of idea.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back