dolmar 421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Duramax, is that racing wood, i.e. 10x10 Yellow Poplar? If so, I make your cut 7 seconds, so 14-15 seconds for a double pass. My stock 420 averages out at 19 for that. So...there's a difference!! My 420 rips so yours must be great fun. Now...mine does 19 seconds. Chainsaw races the other week it beat a 346xp, which did it in 23.6. I know someone who will argue that all day long, but it's a fact.

I think I'll go with a dolmar. No stihl dealer here and the huskys don't handle very well for me at all. The 421 starts like a dream, less $'s than other "pro" saws, weighs less than the stated spec weight too.
Never heard of them before I saw them in a ma and pa store here in town the other day... cool beans.

Mr Duramax, is that racing wood, i.e. 10x10 Yellow Poplar? If so, I make your cut 7 seconds, so 14-15 seconds for a double pass. My stock 420 averages out at 19 for that. So...there's a difference!! My 420 rips so yours must be great fun. Now...mine does 19 seconds. Chainsaw races the other week it beat a 346xp, which did it in 23.6. I know someone who will argue that all day long, but it's a fact.
It looks like it. Mine would not beat my 346xp in that size wood, but it has a muffler mod and unlimited coil.

Is the Dolmar 421 a good competitor for the MS241? 2.9 hp vs 3.1 hp. They seem close in hp and weight. Do the Dolmars hold up as well as a Stihl?

Back