Dolmar 421problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather ship it myself too but if the dealer sends the label with no box that means I have to pack it myself or pay to have it packed by a service. What I'm saying is they could at least have payed for packaging.

This would be a good time to write a nice letter and send it with the saw stating exactly what it does and how long it takes to do it. So whoever will be looking at it gets the info first hand instead of through many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agreed. And after detailing the saws symptoms, I'd also detail the experience of the dealer "repair." Include any correspondence such as e-mails etc.

I saved all email correspondence on my phone . I kept notes throughout the whole sorted affair. If I included all with the saw it would be a 10 page letter. This is as I understand it a repair center I doubt they really care about my experience with this issue. Customer service should be the ones dealing with that aspect and they are reluctant to speak with me . It should be called dealer service as every time I contacted them I got a "no comment or I can't comment on that" I'll have to speak with the dealer"

I saved all email correspondence on my phone . I kept notes throughout the whole sorted affair. If I included all with the saw it would be a 10 page letter. This is as I understand it a repair center I doubt they really care about my experience with this issue. Customer service should be the ones dealing with that aspect and they are reluctant to speak with me . It should be called dealer service as every time I contacted them I got a "no comment or I can't comment on that" I'll have to speak with the dealer"
Include a copy. Worst that can happen is no attn paid to it. Best case is someone sees it and funnels it up the chain of command appropriately.

Boxed up the saw , included a letter outlining my experience, dropped it at the nearest Fed Ex drop off. Tack on another 30 miles round trip to the drop off. Now wait and see what happens next, I shudder to think about it!!!! I asked at the end of the letter that whoever reads it kindly see that it gets in the appropriate hands. My guess is it lands squarely in the shitcan !!!

Also a video on you tube give them the Url stating that it is currently private and emply it can be public. Go into detail of showing the problem as well as any information and corresponding about the saw, problems, and every statement saying it was repaired. It is some effort on your part but makes it very hard to argue and no company wants videos like that with actual proof and failed warranty services being broadcast. I would include a link to this thread as well as a screen shot of a Google search showing how quickly this thread is showing for anyone with concerns about aNY dolmar 421 problems.

Update: I got a call from Makita tech that worked on my saw this afternoon. He said he replaced the carb . He said the saw definitely would not idle properly before .He said he noticed in my notes that the dealer had cleaned the carb. He said we don't do that if there's issues with the carb it should be replaced.He aid there's a brand new carb on the saw now he said they only made a couple cuts with it but it should be fine. I mentioned my concern of existing air leaks and he said the gaskets were all fine . Didn't have much time to talk today he gave me his ext no. and asked that I call him back Mon. afternoon I'll get more details then. They were shipping the saw back this afternoon said I should have it by Tuesday 4/25. Pretty quick I figured it would take at least a couple weeks. I hope it's really fixed this time!

Update: I got a call from Makita tech that worked on my saw this afternoon. He said he replaced the carb . He said the saw definitely would not idle properly before .He said he noticed in my notes that the dealer had cleaned the carb. He said we don't do that if there's issues with the carb it should be replaced.He aid there's a brand new carb on the saw now he said they only made a couple cuts with it but it should be fine. I mentioned my concern of existing air leaks and he said the gaskets were all fine . Didn't have much time to talk today he gave me his ext no. and asked that I call him back Mon. afternoon I'll get more details then. They were shipping the saw back this afternoon said I should have it by Tuesday 4/25. Pretty quick I figured it would take at least a couple weeks. I hope it's really fixed this time!
Good they got ya looked after quickly.
Hope all is well. The shop should have just put a new carb on in the first place.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

That ain't gonna happen!!! They would've done that already.Policy must be after a certain amount of time you get what you got no matter what!!!!

Called Makita tech today ,got a tracking no. should have the saw tomorrow. I asked the tech if they ad performed.a leak test . He said no the seals look good once we determined it was the carb that's what we fixed. ?????
I asked if they replaced the rubber boot behind the carb he said no that looked good too.He said they had cut a little with it and he said he even held the saw upside down and it ran fine. At that point I saw no reason to continue our conversation. Now Sugarbush I too am somewhat skeptical. Time will tell . When I get it back I'm gonna take it to the woods and run it like I stole it!!!!

Latest posts

Back