Dolmar 5105 Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are new 5105's delivered with accessible carb adjustment screws? I had read some older AS threads where the mixture adjustment screws were buried in epoxy, and was wondering if this was still the case.

thanks
wrooster

Can anyone answer this question?

Are new 5105's delivered with accessible carb adjustment screws? I had read some older AS threads where the mixture adjustment screws were buried in epoxy, and was wondering if this was still the case.

thanks
wrooster

It looks like they have limiter caps on them. can pry them off pretty easy.
Interesting can you share a photo? Most thatI see have a double D adjustment for the high.

20160925_204611_zpsyy6qejey.jpg

I picked up a few 5105's and the parts saw I got with, had the outer spike on the clutch cover. So it must have been an optional part.

Just found a parts diagram and it looks like you can get the outer spikes as an option from dolmar

Could you tell me please what tools did you used for uncramping the muffler?
I used an old wood chisel (that I didn't care if it got damaged) a few different sized screw drivers and pliers. 1st try to find a spot that looks easiest to start to get a screw driver or chisel under the flap and when you get it opened up a little work in both directions. Once it is pried open a little you can then get a grip with pliers and open the crimp enough to take the muff apart.

Thank you! I was curious about it, because I saw just the method of cutting the muffler in 2 pieces.
I have a friend and he has the Makita 5125/Dolmar 5105 and wants to do a muffler mod to it.

Latest posts

Back