DOLMAR 6100 OR 7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be psychological but I couldn't imagine using a thin 24"+ bar.

Well it seems that you don't know a lot about different bar qualities. It's the same as everywhere you can get excelent quality bars from Oregon (which also make the bars for all saw brands except stihl), Tsumura, Sugihara, etc.. Bar mount size has NOTHING to do with quality in the package in my experience!

Good point, well poor point good reminder. Large mount has ALOT more selection, or at least availability. I have alot of hands on experience with different bar manufacturer's. My comment isn't against quality, it's the fact that with length you need girth to keep it from flexing, yes a higher quality bar helps but physics are physics.

Good point, well poor point good reminder. Large mount has ALOT more selection, or at least availability. I have alot of hands on experience with different bar manufacturer's. My comment isn't against quality, it's the fact that with length you need girth to keep it from flexing, yes a higher quality bar helps but physics are physics.
Of course I always forget that the fellows in the US suffer from a big bar syndrom.... ;)

Personally I favor the more european way of using bar length 10cm/hp. With that we stay 16 & under inch on a typical pro 50cc saw, 20 & under inch on a pro 60cc saw, etc. Quite a few advocate even less(just ask sawtroll he runs, if I remember correctly, 15 inch on his 361!) but I am ok with above. With that physics stay in absolutely controlable borders.

Latest posts

Back