• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Dolmar 7900/6401/120/120 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

84toyota

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to sell a few Dolmars.

Saw in the front is a 7900, replaced everything from oil pump out to end of clutch as these were damaged when I purchased it. Also replaced air filter and some other small parts. Tabs on filter base where filter clips hook onto were busted out, so one has to be careful when removing clips to not lose them. I figured I would replace the filter base if I ever decided to run it much. All replacement parts were purchased new from Edge & Engine. I intended the saw to be a back up to a husky, so I never used it much. Note that full wrap does not look factory, but actually feels and functions well. I believe I have the HD filter cover some where, but it didn't have the filter when I received it. It was a very well used saw when I received it, and other than replacing busted, broken and missing parts, its still a well used old saw. $385 plus shipping.

Second saw is a 120 Super with the full wrap and the correct spacer for the chain brake handle. Anti-vibes had reamed out tank mounting holes, had a machine shop install heli-coils and all new anti-vibes were installed. Replaced scored piston with new from Germany. Primer is inoperable at the moment, but it is not really needed with the choke. Only known issues are the oiler appears to have quit working and the muffler appears to be pretty rough and will probably need to be welded or replaced. Also missing chain brake spring, so chain brake is inoperable. New oiler can be purchased for $30 from HL Supply, see link. I haven't seen many of these 120 supers with the full wrap and had intentions of building this into a good mid sized saw, but just don't have time to finish it at the moment. $295 plus shipping.
https://www.hlsproparts.com/Dolmar-116-120-PS-6000-6800-oil-pump-assembly-p/h36116.htm

Third saw is a Makita/Dolmar 6401. Purchased this with the intent of using the oiler for the 7900, only to find out the oiler was damaged/destroyed on this one also. I replaced the oiler also with a new one from Edge & Engine and intended to round up a clutch cover but never have. Someone appears to have muffler modded it. I don't know much else about the saw other than it has always started within two or three pulls the few times I have attempted to start it. $225 plus shipping.

Saw in the back is a very clean Dolmar 120. I have not used it much, but the little I did it seemed to have good power. It is a late model with the plastic tank. $275 plus shipping.

Dolmar 1.jpg
Dolmar 2.jpg

Hi Rich,

I am not looking for trades at the moment. If these hang around long enough, I may consider it though. That looks like a clean 361!

Thanks!

Saw is blowing 140 psi cold. Like I mentioned, it has a brand new piston and rings, so I would expect it to only get better.

Price update on these saws.

7900 - $350 plus shipping
120 Super - $275 plus shipping
120 - $250 plus shipping

The 6401 may be sold, but I can add you to the line in the event it doesn't.

Thanks!

7900 and 6401 are sold.

120 and 120 super are still available. These are great old 60cc class saws, I would bet the 120 super makes the same or more power than a 562xp!:chainsaw:

I've seen three dolmars go for 110-130uk in the last month here, bought two of them, but what they go for unrestored seeing the cost of parts...well what youre asking is good and reasonable. And I'd say this site is the place to buy once you've passed through fire shopping the free ads.
Nice lineup, hope it gets shorter! Rupert

i was about to hijack your thread with a 120-related question but will start my own soon as I read up on how..

Haa sorry more of a silly joke than anything. I’m not really asking for the trade.

It seems like you might be able to answer this question:

Is it possible to make a 120 into the higher performance 120super? I have a 120 that probably just needs a ring but I like to maximize my power to weight ratio so I wondered if it was as simple as getting the P&C for the super or if there is more to it. I read something somewhere that I may need to change the crank as well. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back