Dolmar PS510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flymesouth

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok Gents,
Local dude here says he has a PS510. Was his dads, never run with 20 inch bar. Asking 250 for it. Now I don't need the thing but seems a good deal, am I right?

It's definitely new. guy says he has an ms290 farm boss so doesn't need/want it. About an hour north of me but might grab it just for a friend. Thanks for the suggestions!

Good, certainly fair price assuming the saw is new or very good condition. As others have mentioned they are now in the low to mid 400s. At a time not all that long ago (maybe 2008ish?) they were in the low 300s as andyshine77 mentions.

Note that the 20" bar is probably a little much for it. Also, there were some dolmars that came thru at a point in time with carburetors that had the screws sealed with epoxy, and then if the saw was under warranty and needed adjustment, the dealers could replace with an adjustable carb. However, if the saw has glued carb and is out of warranty then that adds a significant expense to the saw should you ever desire to adjust the carb.

Ok with what you folks have said I'll offer 200 and see if he bites. I've seen pics of the saw it's certainly new! again said it was bought for his dad but he passed away before it was to be used. When it was purchased I've no idea might prod into that if he isn't offended by the offer. Thanks again guys.

Ok Gents,
Made an offer. Fingers crossed he accepts it! Would be a great saw to lend my neighbor for cutting, as he's sporting a 42cc crapman haha.

The PS-510 "pretends" to be a semi-pro version of the 5100S/5105 - but in addition to the reduced power the case also is heavier, as it is made of aluminum, and not magnesium.

The result is a saw that is too heavy for its power, but still much better than any "homeowner class" saws.

I still think it qualifies as a semi-pro version. So what if it's heavier. They don't follow the husky trend of using the same exact chassis with lower output from the top end but...for all intents and purposes I think it's a very solid 50 cc saw. It was my first "modern" saw if you will and I ended up selling it to a friend (another member on this site) who like its a lot, and when we cut together I still use it and enjoy it. They are solid saws.

My thoughts exactly @mikefunaro I retired at 34 years old from aviation due to a heart attack then a stroke then open heart surgery. So my neighbor who's still an aviation exec. has some property I'm trying to convince to get his own wood. Gets me outta the house yadda yadda, and I bizarrely enjoy cutting! So if I can score this one it'd be great for him to borrow considering his craftsman even he says is a piece of crap! Outside,away from everything etc. = perfect!

I still think it qualifies as a semi-pro version. So what if it's heavier. They don't follow the husky trend of using the same exact chassis with lower output from the top end but...for all intents and purposes I think it's a very solid 50 cc saw. It was my first "modern" saw if you will and I ended up selling it to a friend (another member on this site) who like its a lot, and when we cut together I still use it and enjoy it. They are solid saws.
Actually the husqvarna semi pro versions are the "rancher" (450, 455) modells and not the 545 as far as I understood.

I agree - it just is a bit more "semi" than some other models.

Then there is of course the question of who really defines the "categories" - there aren't really any accepted standards that I know of....

That's a good deal OP!!

I like my 510. It's no hot rod like the 5100 but it's a little torque pig.

I have zero issues cutting with it buried to the bar. It just keeps hogging on.

Ok so we settled on 225.00. not sure if it's .325 or 3/8 but it does have the wonky bar on it...silver streak or something. Question is...I've heard these things run k095 mount, if thats correct can I swap it out? If I match pitch? Gonna meet tomorrow at 9am hopefully the weather guessers are wrong and we don't get lowland snow!

You can run either 0.325 or 3/8 on that 510, you just need to swap the rim to match whatever bar and chain you want.
I had one with a 17" 0.325 and that combination worked nicely.

325 really wakes those saws up compared to 3/8 but my preference is still 3/8 on em.

Is there a difference in the cylinder of the 510 compared to the 5100S? I have a 5100S but a friend told me it looked to have a 510 cylinder on it. Not that I'm gonna change it because in my opinion the saw really runs good the way it is..

Back