DR K10 Rapidfire electric splitter video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Had some time on my hands so I thought I'd do a quick vid of the K10 splitting a piece of 15 inch oak. Time will tell how she does on more unforgiving wood but then again I don't often get much of that. And yes I will be working on a platform for it soon. I mainly wanted to let you guys see it in action.

The really short log lengths would make me avoid it ( I suppose if you run a small stove it would be fine) the other thing I thought seemed odd was a puny short wedge does not look very durable or heavy duty . The nice plus was the cycle time wow that thing is quick !

Had some time on my hands so I thought I'd do a quick vid of the K10 splitting a piece of 15 inch oak. Time will tell how she does on more unforgiving wood but then again I don't often get much of that. And yes I will be working on a platform for it soon. I mainly wanted to let you guys see it in action.

Fast and quiet!

The really short log lengths would make me avoid it ( I suppose if you run a small stove it would be fine) the other thing I thought seemed odd was a puny short wedge does not look very durable or heavy duty . The nice plus was the cycle time wow that thing is quick !

Yeah I do have a medium sized insert I heat with so I tend to cut my wood smaller anyway. I had the same thoughts as you concerning the wedge size but it does the job. I still would have liked to see a beefier one though.

Pretty nifty little flywheel splitter...quiet as can be.

If it would would handle 18-20" pieces at a reasonable cost, I could see it for barn use and for the occasional log that I don't split down to the right size for personal consumption.

Even if you get that thing up to height that small wedge will still be a pain in the a$$. Almost all of those splits you had to pull the last little bit a part by hand. If I should decide that I would like to split and rip every piece of firewood I will give this machine a look.

I do not want to ever have to chase that many splits to pick them up for a second shot. Cycle time is probably at least as long as a typical hydraulic when you include the reload time he is wasting and with the slower moving hydro you can catch them as they come off. That tool is not for me.

Cycle time is probably at least as long as a typical hydraulic when you include the reload time he is wasting and with the slower moving hydro you can catch them as they come off. That tool is not for me.
This was simply a demonstration video on the speed of the device...not the time I'm "wasting" reloading it. Improvements can be added to just about anything:crazy2: For my specific needs this tool will work perfectly...nuff said.

Latest posts

Back