Dream Helmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logbutcher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After years of fighting with broken Stihl/Husky Peltor component helmet systems, I splurged on a Rockman helmet at Baileys.
The Peltor wire muff bales would easily get bent, deformed, loose tension. The face screens tore or moved out of place with the slightest bump. For punishment there's too many blowdowns to clear, you bang and bump into all kinds of crap. So after years of replacing parts on helmets, trying other Peltor branded tops, I changed.
The German-made Rockman costs more, has a comfortable and solid suspension, the muff supports are thick poly, vents in the helmet top ( duct-taped now--damn it's still winter), the face screen feels durable and extends to the sides more than the standard ones.:clap:
We shall see......report to come.

O.K. Still can't find who manufactures this beanie. Only place I can find it is at Baileys. Anyone know who is the manufacture?? Got a link other than Baileys (nothing against Baileys).

I like the vents on top of it.:rock: The stihl helmet is very hot in the summer.:blob2:

Come on Downeast, it's not Arkansas. Those vents are closed now.
I'd Rather deal with cold and ice and snow than snakes, spiders, man-eating bogs, soaked armpits, man-killing humidity, killer bees. NO.:(

After using some cheap helmet for quite awhile. I thought I would splurge and buy a Peltor. I have been using it for simple firewood cutting last couple of days and I think this thing sucks. The earmuff don't "pop-out" far enough to clear the helmet and you have to really work at getting the visor to flip down.

I am used to a visor that would flip down with a "flip" of my head like a welding helmet. With these Peltors you have to manually pull the visor down and manually flip it up with your hand,,,,,,I like my hands on my saw not my visor.

The peltor is a comfortable helmet when on with the muff down, I don't know about it's durability. I will probably use it for a skidder helmet, as I like to run a skidder with a hard hat with ear muffs and no visor.

Please let us know how this $70 helmet works. If you like it I will give one a try. I have tried on a Husky/Johnsered helmet and I really liked it. I know I like the "Pro" husky/johnsered helmet better than this Peltor I currently have. At least the Huskie's earmuff would clear the helmet for higher storage.

My opinion and experience,

Sam

I think my Peltor Forestry system helmet is great...If it needs replaced I will get another.

I think my Peltor Forestry system helmet is great...If it needs replaced I will get another.

Really, I hate this Peltor I have. I have used some no named crap helmet and it was more user friendly than this Pelter I have. If you want mine, I will sell it to you for $30..........fully assembled, LOL. I can't stand it. I'm either going to try a Rockman out or get a Husky Helmet.

I would have already got a Husky helmet, but I think I will feel dirty inside wearing "their" helmet........then again I have to use their plastic long bar covers because Stihl can't figure out how to make a simple 28"+ plastic bar cover that works the first time and won't piss you off, LOL.

Sam

I am very satisfied with my stihl helmet actually on my 2nd one after the first one stopped a pretty bad head injury (limp popped up during limbing) buying another was a no brainer I put a hard hat liner in mine with a removeable neck stocking really works wonders I wear it a lot even on track loader when clearing really makes the day better IMO

Last edited:
I am very satisfied with my stihl helmet actually on my 2nd one after the first one stopped a pretty bad head injury (limp popped up during limbing) buying another was a no brainer I put a hard hat liner in mine with a removeable neck stocking really works wonders I wear it a lot even on track loader when clearing really makes the day better IMO

Yep agree, I like my Stihl system too (It's my first stihl ;-) I had a choice of the Husky or Stihl helmet at my dealers for $45. I tried both, I liked the looks of the Husky better but the functionality of the Stihl better. I worrried about the plastic ear muff bales. The pop out muffs are a cool feature and the ratchet suspension just seemed to fit me better.

Rockman Report #1

First report on the Rockman @ 7.5 hours use.:
1. Headband has a "wheel adjust" in the rear. Easy to do if a wearing a hat in cold weather or for expanding head in hard work or heat. :rock:
2. Muffs snap shut securely but comfortable and simply adjustable. Do not pop off when hit by a twig or bumping into sticks in blowdown clearing. Hey, I'm careful, no flamming. :ices_rofl:
3. Face mask stays put, has side protection, and easy to lift up.

So far, it's worth the extra $$$$$. :rockn: We'll see about longer term durability after a solid 100 hours cutting.
The support system alone is worth the bucks !
JMNSHO :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back