Dropping Ash tree on the lake.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice drop Arborcare! Just remember when your bringing your trucks and equipment out on the lake....the insurance coverage on them stops soon as you put a wheel on the ice (don't know if you knew that or not) I know you said there was plenty of ice there. We had an ice rescue call last Friday night on one of our local lakes (I'm on the Fire Department), person drove their 09'F-150 out not even 75' went through, they had to jump into the water and hold on to the ice before being rescued. Now no truck, they have to pay out of their own pocket for recovery (likely in the spring)

Last edited:
Nice drop Arborcare! Just remember when your bringing your trucks and equipment out on the lake....the insurance on them stops soon as you put a wheel on the ice (don't know if you knew that or not) I know you said there was plenty of ice there. We had an ice rescue call last Friday night on one of our local lakes (I'm on the Fire Department), person drove their 09'F-150 out not even 75' went through, they had to jump into the water and hold on to the ice before being rescued. Now no truck, they have to pay out of their own pocket for recovery (likely in the spring)

:deadhorse:

sorry man but don't wanna hear anything else about the F'in Ice!!

Feel like I've answered it enough in this thread.

Harry, these yankees just don't get it EH!!

Is that you A Rod??

Deevo's from Barrie and I know he means well it's just the ice thing has been done to death already. Wouldn't of drove out there if we didn't basically live on this lake!

Hows work going out there, post some pics of those big ass trees you work on.

:cheers:

ive got a video that a friend made of us working last summer on a dvd but I dont know how to upload it on my computer from the disk

:deadhorse:

sorry man but don't wanna hear anything else about the F'in Ice!!

Feel like I've answered it enough in this thread.

I know you have,I wasn't giving you heck about that buddy! Who's that anthem song by you have playing there? Pretty cool mix! Just didn't know if you knew about the insurance thing!

LOL!!

Didn't even crack the Ice!

If I had done that, I woulda lost the winch truck and had to fish the winch operator out. Murphy hates me! LOL!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

sweet video Ive always talked about dropping a tree out on the ice but never have. glad it all turned out good for ya

If i am looking to get a little mechanical advantage I will cut a whole in the ice,I have a short metal bar that I tie into in the middle.Drop it down the hole and pull up and it sits crossways under the ice.It also has a ring with a small rope attached ,on one end,when you want it back you ease off of on the tie in point and pull on the smaller rope to retrieve it from under the ice.Works well.

We want a shot with you on skates chippin brush after climbing by Monday:hmm3grin2orange:

Rope the soundtrack in my latest vid was dedicated to you my fren! Hope you like it better than the last music!!!

Nah man you got me pegged as the wrong guy. Like I said before I dont give a #### what anyone thinks of Cops. Im not some little kid who got picked on in high school and became a cop to get revenge on the world. I dont live and breath police work. As a matter of fact I come from a background exact opposite of police work. As you know I work in the ghetto dealing with REAL criminals, gang bangers and killers, not on the highway ticketing tax paying normally law obedient citizens for bull####. Dont get me wrong I am proud of some of the stuff I have done as a cop. But its not my life just my job so it really dont matter to me. If someone decides to make it personal that doesnt know me then I get offended.

What did you figure out that you were gay and decide to be come a cop???:jawdrop:

Back