DS Machine Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont have one. But, I cover MI, PA & OH and many dealers sell them especially the Amish. Coal Stove, built like a tank by Amish folks and Amish folks use them and love them. That's a good recommendation.

Wonder where their 85% rating on their furnace come from?

DS Machine Stove Energy Max Extreme 160

Does anyone use one of these? How do you like it? What model? How long did you have it?

I have the DS Machine Stove Energy Max Extreme 160. You can burn wood or coal. I burn wood. Had it installed December 2010 and love it. I have a 2200 square foot ranch on a full basement. Stove is in the basement. I have a 14" x 20" grate cut in the floor above it. Then I installed a 4" X 10" duct in each corner of the house with a 4' length of furnace duct going straight down into the basement. This gets the hot air from the stove circulating throughout the house. I can load the stove and it will burn for 9 to 10 hours at a time. It has a large ash pan that can be removed and emptied while burning. I only have to empty it once or twice a week even when burning full time. I bought an extra one so I can pull one out and install the other so I don't have to empty the one with hot coals until they cool down. If you want to burn coal I think some of there other stoves may be better because they have coal hoppers that this stove doesn't. I love the fact I can heat the entire house without running any fans at all. If you set the ductwork up properly the circulation keeps the entire house evenly heated. I can keep the house at 74 degrees even in single digit temps easily with this stove.

Dont have one. But, I cover MI, PA & OH and many dealers sell them especially the Amish. Coal Stove, built like a tank by Amish folks and Amish folks use them and love them. That's a good recommendation.

Around here the Amish are nuts over Hitzer for some reason. Must be Amish built or something.

I was at the factory in Gordonville, Pa., last week. I thought I needed the #4 basement stove, but they told me it was more fore coal and would be a wood eater. They set me straight and recomended the Energy Max 110 for my 1800sqft 2 story. I'm ordering one this week. I'll let you know how it works.

Finally got my Energymax 110 from DS Machine Stoves and got it installed Saturday. Now I have to learn how to use it. The biggest problem is figuring how much to load in it so it is out or close to it before we go to work. My old Moore's Seventeen was made more for coal and I could only average about a 4 hour burn. The first night with the DS I loaded it at 10:00 pm, set it to medium and at 7:00 am Sunday there was still a thick bed of coals. All I had to do is put more on! It makes alot of heat and at this point seems to use much less wood. It is amazing what 70 or 80 years of technology will do.
I ran my oil/hot water Friday night during the removal and clearance upgrade and forgot how evenly that system heated. The Misses commented on it as well. I need to address some air circulation issues or lack of, but that's another project.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back