Dual Pioneer saws on double ended on Granberg bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free_rider_151

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Here's my setup almost ready to go.
I was skeptical at first of buying a bar from Granberg since they are not known for bar manufacturing... But I figured that I'd give them a shot. Here's my finding.
Granberg bars are actually made by Saw Bar Repair in Portland Oregon. The bar is very very thick. It's still smaller than the kerf tho. It's very heavy aswell. It's made of a super tough steel alloy and might aswell be impossible to drill. I tried to do a through bar mount by drilling my own holes. 27 brand new drill bits later, I decided to use the holes that they had already put in the bar. The only reason I didn't use these holes at first, Is because they were too close together and would mean drilling a hole half on the pad welded to the Granberg depth post. As it turns out, it's far easier to drill a hole into a weld, than it is to drill this bar. As far as mounting goes, the chainsaws bolted up fine after I drilled the supplied adapters a little bigger to accept the bar studs of the p61s. As a note, this bar uses 2 less links than the cannon version.
7737e390f18d0e76fa873afb9007ecab.jpg
fb0a832eb1cd47ef6d2d68ddf8d571d3.jpg
efb98917ce9d092d7d6ba7742fa7bd3d.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wow, that thing looks stout. I have two old Homelite 1050's but I never thought about a double. I don't have any friends smart enough to put on the other end. They would push one way while I was pushing the other, and we would just go in circles. How long is the bar? I was thinking I'd like to get a 60", but not for actual milling. I've pulled old Oak stumps out of the ground, flipped them upside down, so the roots were pointing up. I was going to make a guide rail to sit over the stump and cut the roots off level to make table bases. I wouldn't be cutting more than a few inches at a time, just a wide spread, Joe.

Carbide bits drill through bars fine. At least any bar I've drilled (mostly to install log wizards)

Back