Dutch Oven Recipes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454464757.399510.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454464793.566723.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454464815.510539.jpg
. Tube bicuits. Corn beef just corned beef,1 Irish beer. Cabbage potatoes and carrots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love a Dutch oven meal! I don't take enough pictures but I have a couple. The first is a dump cake. Super easy! Just a can of cherry pie filling, chocolate cake, a few tablespoons of butter, and a can of Sprite. You can use whatever cake mix or pie filling you like. Apple filling and cinnamon cake is good too!

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

Comes out a little like cobbler and a definite favorite with my kids:

This one turned our really good too although I can't remember exactly what all went in it. If anyone is interested I'll find the recipe and post it. sloppy joes! :sweet:

Love a Dutch oven meal! I don't take enough pictures but I have a couple. The first is a dump cake. Super easy! Just a can of cherry pie filling, chocolate cake, a few tablespoons of butter, and a can of Sprite. You can use whatever cake mix or pie filling you like. Apple filling and cinnamon cake is good too!

Comes out a little like cobbler and a definite favorite with my kids:

This one turned our really good too although I can't remember exactly what all went in it. If anyone is interested I'll find the recipe and post it. sloppy joes! :sweet:

DO cooking at its best! does look tasty. enjoyed seeing the DO campfires and cooking...

Love a Dutch oven meal! I don't take enough pictures but I have a couple.

> If anyone is interested I'll find the recipe and post it. sloppy joes!

sure post it up, that does look tasty.... we'll be a'watin'....

> If anyone is interested I'll find the recipe and post it. sloppy joes!

sure post it up, that does look tasty.... we'll be a'watin'....

Here you go!

A great recipe adapted from The Taste Of Home
Author: Chelsey Janes
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: American
Serves: 10
Ingredients
* 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
* ½ cup chopped onion
* 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
* ¼ cup chopped green pepper
* 1-2/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
* ¼ cup ketchup
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon white vinegar
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon steak sauce
* ½ teaspoon garlic salt
* ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
* ¼ teaspoon paprika
* 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split

Instructions
* In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
* Stir in the next nine ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon about ½ cup meat mixture onto each bun.

Wow, all these years and I just found this thread! The whole time my son was in Scouts, we lived on D O cooking, at Scouts that is. My first taste of D O cooking was at Leader Orientation. For desert we had several cobblers. I jumped on the Cherry cobbler. First bite I got a couple pits, second bite more pits. What the heck? Grabbed the can out of the trash, "Pitted Cherries". "Hey Bill, why did you get Pitted Cherries"? "I didn't read the label. Those cans were 3 cents cheaper". My recommendation, spend the big bucks and get the pitted cherries. We did a "Mountain Man" breakfast that was scrambled eggs, gobs of biscuit dough, cheese and sausage. Came out like eggs and dumplings. I've got two Lodge D O's, maybe I'll do the Mountain Man breakfast for dinner tonight with Peach cobbler, I'll take pics, Joe.

Back