Dynasorb Rigging line??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now can we talk about my new loopie sling i never used one before and the old dead eye was worn out and I was told they are easier to use any feedback on this?

Sounds like you already know what I'm gonna say about those things.. but just so we dont have any more confusion, you can refer to my opinion of the stretchy rope, its the same! lol.

Sounds like you already know what I'm gonna say about those things.. but just so we dont have any more confusion, you can refer to my opinion of the stretchy rope, its the same! lol.

So are you totally old school as in you still use a 1/2 climbing line with a friction hitch and none of the new gadgets like split tail and smaller diameter lines etc?I mean there are guys on here telling me a bowline is not good enough to secure your climbing carabiner!

As far as letn er run alittle extra is kinda a ....not kinda...it IS a experence/finesse thing and most groundies TEND to be alittle short on one or both . No offense to groundsmen but unless you have climbed then many of them just dont quite get it . How many times I have heard "sorry" is enough to make me wonder if there could be somthin to a little strechy rope . Mit take some guess work outa how many wraps to use on the porta wrap. Which by the way is really nice but I have used it personally so few times that when asked how many wraps to take sometimes Im not sure . I have good groundsmen....sometimes the climber is getn a ride and thats just how it is.
I love my loopie sling! Not sure how anyone could think it gay. Unless the only manly solution is to cut a false crotch..which I could see that. But naaa Im cool on that ...loopie is sweet in my book . I also like how I can drape it over my shoulder when not being used.

As far as letn er run alittle extra is kinda a ....not kinda...it IS a experence/finesse thing and most groundies TEND to be alittle short on one or both . No offense to groundsmen but unless you have climbed then many of them just dont quite get it . How many times I have heard "sorry" is enough to make me wonder if there could be somthin to a little strechy rope . Mit take some guess work outa how many wraps to use on the porta wrap. Which by the way is really nice but I have used it personally so few times that when asked how many wraps to take sometimes Im not sure . I have good groundsmen....sometimes the climber is getn a ride and thats just how it is.
I love my loopie sling! Not sure how anyone could think it gay. Unless the only manly solution is to cut a false crotch..which I could see that. But naaa Im cool on that ...loopie is sweet in my book . I also like how I can drape it over my shoulder when not being used.

I just got the loopie any tips on it ?

I just got the loopie any tips on it ?
Well not really...pretty str8 forward. sometimes its a pain cuz u may have to adjust it then sling it around tree n its to long then to short then ....still to short. But after ahwile u start to get an eye for it . Its a nice tool. Just make sure you look at the pictures in the directions. Nevermind the words : )

Well not really...pretty str8 forward. sometimes its a pain cuz u may have to adjust it then sling it around tree n its to long then to short then ....still to short. But after ahwile u start to get an eye for it . Its a nice tool. Just make sure you look at the pictures in the directions. Nevermind the words : )

Loopie, whoopie, balancer, dead eye - they all have a very useful place. With the loopie you don't have to keep retying a timber hitch as you move your pulley down the spar - just loosen, drop down, retighten. They should be demonstrating them at Climbers Corner at the Expo. See you there.

So are you totally old school as in you still use a 1/2 climbing line with a friction hitch and none of the new gadgets like split tail and smaller diameter lines etc?I mean there are guys on here telling me a bowline is not good enough to secure your climbing carabiner!

I went new school a couple years ago.. sometimes I wonder why, and still miss the old taughtline.

If there was a knot hall of of fame I think the bowline holds a very high seat . In fact I think it's my all around favorite knot . Its so easy to tie and I have never seen it fail . Just gotta leave a decent tail an u r good to go i think . I have tried split tail and use one sometimes mostly when I am workn with a crane . One of these days I wanna try a french prusik . Have used swabish n distel but I thought they got to tight . Blakes hitch is the shizzzyy i say. Taughtline is the old work horse n a MUST KNOW for entry level climbing . Its so easy to tie one handed with other arm in a locked position .

Ordered 150' 5/8 of it, :cheers:and a new stainless steel large porty earlier this week from Sherrill (among other things!) My main rigging lines getting a bit tired, so thought I'd give it a try!

sweet. Please let me know what u think of it .

We'll see how it is. Should be here by Monday, have a few removals this week. Let you know how it goes! Also get to wear my new arborwear tech pants! :cheers:

sounds good. I like my arborwear pants alot. esp now that it has cooled off! About Arborwear...I actually called there today n talked to a young lady about what they would have at the expo cuz I am liken the look of those 2layer full zip hoodies but am afriad to order one without tryn one on. I have broad shoulders and am a tough fit for many jackets . She said they mostly sell sweatshirts there but that she would make sure and bring me XXL and XXXL to try on. in green and in blue . they will have my name on em waitn for me! I think thats some darn good service...as long as she remembers em LOL.

Oh good, this is an older thread!

Is there any info on the Dynasorb?

I actually searched here to see if i could find a wll or ts, because for "some reason" its not listed on sherrill.com

I wonder why :msp_ohmy:

please sum update!

Guys can anyone provide some "real on the job experience of this dynasorb?"

Im needing to order int he morning, and would like to grab a 600" hank of it to get a free maxiflip, but i would like to buy with a vision of what it is, and not shoot out 500$ blindly

Thanks fellas.

Im needing to order int he morning, and would like to grab a 600" hank of it to get a free maxiflip, but i would like to buy with a vision of what it is, and not shoot out 500$ blindly

Thanks fellas.

I hear it is pretty bouncey. If u have plenty of room below what u r roping its pretty nice. Otherwise its strecthy. I decided not to buy it. I just got a better rope man :laugh:

Thanks fellas.

I have the 5/8, over here its called polydyne, exactly the same rope.

For repetitive dynamic loading/negative blocking, the stats are far superior to the likes of Double Esterlon and Portland braid. From what I recall the cycles-to-failure favoured the dynasorb by a mile. Other than that I cant see what to gain i.e static loading, those impressive stats wouldn't really come in to play.
attachment.php

I just got 200' of 5/8 ~ 19,500 lb test

Ordered 150' 5/8 of it, :cheers:and a new stainless steel large porty earlier this week from Sherrill (among other things!) My main rigging lines getting a bit tired, so thought I'd give it a try!

I recently broke my 1/2 lowering rope (9000#!) on a heavy drop and decided to go to heavier rope to match my new stainless Porta-Wrap.

The stretching gives an excellent margin of safety when your lowering crew fails to handle big loads properly.

Dynamic line is miles ahead of static for energy dispersion. Meaning, that say it takes (for layman example simple units) 1/10th of a second for a static rope to arrest the fall of a 100lb limb exerts a force of 200lbs on rope. Now, a dynamic rope stops the same load slower, say 2/10 ths of a second, cuts the force generated on the rope to say 150lbs. No math here, been many years since college lol. The force on an impact will be a function of the time it takes the body to come to rest. That's why air bags work. Helmets, padding, dynamic lines, if you can spread the energy over a longer time, the force generated lowers proportionally.

Were not talking a lot of distance. The Dynasorb, you wont even be able to perceive the stretch. It's not like a cartoon, where the log is going to bungee into the shingles over and over until it is out of energy. Long time ago, I used to use dynamic rock climbing line meant to arrest the fall of a climber without injuring him. I have never had one of those lines break. I even used to dynamic load probably 1000lb loads, either with tops, or trunk chunks. That's because the load is brought to a gradual stop reducing peak forces which cause anchor points and rope to snap.

Dynasorb, according to specs, is actually less stretchy than some static rock climbing rope. Rock climbing/rescue line meant for non dynamic loading.

Last edited:
Back