Dyno tested...... Mastermind Ported 660 vs Stock 660 vs Dual port 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are we going to see some more dyno results?
Drove 20 miles tonight to get my 92 E free gas. I burnt through 5 gal all on the dyno in the last couple months. Tomorrow night I should have some dyno time. Patience grasshopper!!!;) Workin my tail off lately. Put over 300 miles on my service truck today. Thankfully the repair in the field only took 2.5 hrs.

Chad have u ever worked on a Cat d9t dozer? The one I operate I think is 553hp at 2100rpm. That thing is bulletproof almost but its so high tech that they get a code on computer at our Cat dealer before we usually know anything is wrong

Chad have u ever worked on a Cat d9t dozer? The one I operate I think is 553hp at 2100rpm. That thing is bulletproof almost but its so high tech that they get a code on computer at our Cat dealer before we usually know anything is wrong
I wish I could believe you, I really do.

PICS or it doesn't exist!!!:ices_rofl::clap::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Nope. I work in the tractor and pull type equipment shop. We have a construction section in the shop and I get to help those guys when there in need but were not a cat dealer although New Holland has used cat engines in a number of there harvesters. I work mostly on large tractors and big square balers. I have my own lap top that stays with my service truck. It has software and diagnosing features for well over 100 models of equipment. My laptop is my most valuable tool I have. The majority of service issues are electronic failures in today's equipment. The CIH Magnum in my avatar pic has up to eight controllers in it and sells for around $400,000 if its a cvt model.

20140909_062754.jpg
I think our Cats r Acert technology if that sounds familiar? Gps and all in them but we usually grade piles on visual. We use to use Wagner CHD rubber tire dozer with 535 Detroits. We went to the d9s which are leaps and bounds ahead of the Wagners. 3 d9 dozers at 1.3 millon each they bought us and they r like cadillacs

I know this thread is older, but was wondering if you also have torque curves on top of hp? I think the useable torque makes a big difference. For instance my 99 LS1 camaro was reprogrammed and put 3.73 rear in, hp was increased 10% but torque was more like 20% and the low end at 3000rpm was crazy, couldn't get a big enough tire to keep from spinning.

Also, i suspect you might have a large range in 066 or 660 you test, even if all stock and they probably publish on the high side. The original 066 was rated at 7.4 hp and with dual port (read as magnum) was listed as 7.8hp, at least in my vintage Stihl catalog from 1994 i believe.

What i do know is my newish 066 round top, pretty much same as 660, with the older style thumb size exit muffler, no screen, but no dp front, with HD2 air filter is only just a tad slower than my 394xp, both with new chains on a 36" bar, and let me tell you 394 is noticeably heavier, though av is better. Biggest difference i found was in frustrating oiler on the stihl, have to switch that one out, then would be close to even.

660Torquegraph_zps1fdb5670.jpg

This one is of the ported 660 with torque and hp. Two strokes don't have torque like a four stroke so it wont have a fancy torque and hp meeting point.

660withtqandhp_zps5b68af84.jpg

Thanks that's pretty cool data there, might have to eventually get a ported saw or have one ported, never had one in my hands. As ya'll have mentioned, once you get to plug into your M-tronic and edit, along with the usual grinding, that dyno of yours might be busy.

Latest posts

Back