Early 026 and 036 air filters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angusjones8

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a early 026 and 036 both non decomp models and the air filters the dealer tried to sell me hit on the tank vent on both saws.

The 026 I put in a meteor piston kit, new hoses, tidied up the ports, squish was 20 thou with factory gasket and I took the screen out of the muffler and it is a tidy little saw to run but it has a wire mesh air cleaner.

The 036 I got for $100 (in Australia!) and was told it's not running as hard as it used to. Long story short, get the rackers below the cutting edge and blow out the choked up filter and it runs like a dream but I'm giving it some love like new hoses and filters and that's where I'm stuck at the air filter.
Also it has a small drama with the choke/high idle where it will only go into choke/high idle or run, so 3 positions not 4. Nothing appears broken or worn so it's got me stumped.

If anyone would have numbers for the filters for me to take into the dealer that would be awesome.

Sorry for so many questions in 1 thread but I don't get much time on the net.
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The deal;er is trying to sell you the newer type filters for the self compensating carbs. The older saws do not have the self compensating carbs with nozzles that fit into the filters.

For the 026 ,1121 120 1611 for the mesh filter and 1121 120 1612 for the fleece filter.
For the 036, 1125 120 1600 for the inner half and 1125 120 1605 for the outer half, fleece filter.

Latest posts

Back