Echo 330/360t improving air intake, time cuts comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem kinda dumb - I can't see any advantage to it.
Dont know why they did that. The japs can shure build and engineer things. Maybe they did it to make good torque and keep emissions down. I know my saw hangs with all the 200t with screens removed. But my formans tree monkey 200t is a real screamer. Revs out and cuts great but drinks the fuel fast and very loud

I have thought about a timing advance but it dont need it. Il have to research what my coil advances too first
Try it and of the saw doesn't respond you can always go back to the stock setting

Some saws like it and some don't. The 201T loves it but the 200T actually was slower.

don't think you need an ignition advance. that thang is spooling up fast.
Yeah you be surprised how long it took for this saw to break inn. First gallon was a synblend oil 40.1 and took it easy on it runnin fat to keep it cool then started learning it out to build a lil temp. Now a few years later and lots of use this saw is still getting better. Some other thread a while back ppl were disappointed in the saw and they kept using it and it came to life after a couple gallons of fuel has been run. They were trying to get all there demo echos to find a death rattle and blow. It never happened yet. My guess is they are still running or got smashed

i suspect this was just a screw-up. probably this part is used on several different models, and they couldn't justify the expense of a new die for injection molding.
Could be. Id like to se what ur 360t carb would do on ur 330 if you try it plz make a vid

I may do a video of my DeWalt cordless Sawzall vs. My Masterminded 066.
Yeah thats gunna be close lol
yes, i've considered using the 19mm 360 carb on the 330 but... with it's 15mm carb the litlle 32.6cc 330 cuts faster than the 35.8cc 360 (and the mighty 020t.) don't f*** with it if ain't broke.
Yeah i like the old stihl 020 200. But of all new saws id have to stay with echo for top handles. I have never used a redmax. But the husky jreds no. They balance good if you dont have the b/c on it. My echo has always started easy runs good cuts good and ample amount of snort and half the price of the new 201t

Yeah thats gunna be close lol

Yeah i like the old stihl 020 200. But of all new saws id have to stay with echo for top handles. I have never used a redmax. But the husky jreds no. They balance good if you dont have the b/c on it. My echo has always started easy runs good cuts good and ample amount of snort and half the price of the new 201t

your echo is out cutting a stock 200t. remember the stihl is only a 32cc saw. they tune it so lean that they need an acceleration pump to spool up. you're lucky to get a year on one before the carb pukes and you need to buy a new saw. my echos are 10 years old. they don't work six days a week but they have a few hours on them and they're still stout.

Could be. Id like to se what ur 360t carb would do on ur 330 if you try it plz make a vid

maybe i'll try a carb swap on the 330. i don't know if the intake port would match up to the bigger carb.

Everything is sealed no dust leaks. You put a few holes in the bottom of the filter cover above the spark plug and it also allows it to breath better
i did that on a old blower o
your echo is out cutting a stock 200t. remember the stihl is only a 32cc saw. they tune it so lean that they need an acceleration pump to spool up. you're lucky to get a year on one before the carb pukes and you need to buy a new saw. my echos are 10 years old. they don't work six days a week but they have a few hours on them and they're still stout.

maybe i'll try a carb swap on the 330. i don't know if the intake port would match up to the bigger carb.

is the air filter bracket the same size on both saws or is the 360t a lil bigger?if it is why not bolt up a 360 bracket to the 330 t....i will look and see if the part number is the same tomorrow...im betting to save money they used the same part.....

Good thread. Thanks to OP for posting the pics and Bikemike for noticing the restriction. Couple questions:
1) I assume this mod needs to be done in conjunction with the muffler mod to remove the cat and open up the exhaust?
2) Bikemike mentioned creating a venturi in the throat of the adaptor. Does this mean the ID in the center of the adaptor is the same as the carb ID and then "slopes off" at both ends of the adaptor?

no it bottle necks in the middle its a a design flaw for sure....

Good thread. Thanks to OP for posting the pics and Bikemike for noticing the restriction. Couple questions:
1) I assume this mod needs to be done in conjunction with the muffler mod to remove the cat and open up the exhaust?
2) Bikemike mentioned creating a venturi in the throat of the adaptor. Does this mean the ID in the center of the adaptor is the same as the carb ID and then "slopes off" at both ends of the adaptor?
Air filter adapter should be shaped more like a funnel or velocity stack. Il try to get detailed pics of my components for you echo owners

Back