ArboristSite.com Sponsors

echo 346 H/L plugs

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by gfe76, Oct 21, 2007.

1. gfe76

gfe76 ArboristSite Lurker

I have a 346 and went to adjust the carb, but there are red plastic plugs. they are recessed into the side cover about 1"....how do I get them out and can I then adjust the carb? Do I have to put them back in? thanks

2. mountainlake

mountainlake Addicted to ArboristSite

Don't know if Echo makes a cap removeal tool I would think so. I've been able to get them out by threading in a small screw pretty tight and then turning backwards untill the tab lines up with the slot and pulling it out. The tricky part is getting it turned backwards without it unscrewing. Once out just grind off the tabs and reinstall to keep the screws from turning by themselfs. And yes 4 out of five new Echo's need to be adjusted a little richer thanks to EPA. Steve

3. ASEMASTER

ASEMASTER ArboristSite Operative

thats right

remove the exhaust and get rid of some of the cat material but be careful the tin is thin

4. gfe76

gfe76 ArboristSite Lurker

thanks. I'll try the "screw" technique, but those caps are really recessed.
    I'll also take a loot at the muffler and try to open it up some. I assume if clear out cat, then must richen both H & L?

5. mountainlake

mountainlake Addicted to ArboristSite

Turn the low in untill the saw wants to die when you crack the throttle then back out untill it revs up good. Turn the high in untill it really screams(not too long) then back out 1/8 of a turn at a time untill it blubbers a little. Steve