Echo break in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gonna use 40:1 but your probly right 32:1 and a fatter high side tune is probly in order.

I ran some 32:1 fuel for my weed eater in my 590 when I ran out of the other can of 50:1 in a pinch a few month ago. Even after adjusting the carb I swear I felt a noticeable power decrease running that stuff. Maybe the fuel had gotten old (4 month or so pump high test) but I won't be putting it in again. Would the extra oil (and subsequent lower exhaust temps) be worth losing power running the mill?

I have no idea, ill maybe do some testing on the subject... i run 100LL in my saws and i think they run a smidge cooler anyway.

Echo warranty is a JOKE! I left a CS-400, a baby saw, bone stock and it broke a piston and ring in 10 months. Echo denied the warranty because I had a Champion spark plug in, store didn't have the stock NGK. Cross reference chart said the plug was ok. Echo said no. Warranty denied. And no, plug never touched the piston. All my Echos are muffler modded and retuned, can't count on warranty.

I read that you had some trouble. I really hope mine will be ok. I am going to do whats necessary to make sure everythings tuned right out of the box, im hoping the manual will tell me what max rpm is, so i can adjust it from there if need be.

Echo warranty is a JOKE! I left a CS-400, a baby saw, bone stock and it broke a piston and ring in 10 months. Echo denied the warranty because I had a Champion spark plug in, store didn't have the stock NGK. Cross reference chart said the plug was ok. Echo said no. Warranty denied. And no, plug never touched the piston. All my Echos are muffler modded and retuned, can't count on warranty.
I think it was your original thread about the warranty that led to mod my 590. It's bs that they denied the warranty, I know on a car it's illegal to deny warranty claims based solely on brand when the part is correctly cross referenced. Imagine the fire a car company would come under if they denied warranty because you used valvoline instead of castrol (assuming the certs are the same). Don't know why echo hasn't come under more pressure for the same reasons.

I ran some 32:1 fuel for my weed eater in my 590 when I ran out of the other can of 50:1 in a pinch a few month ago. Even after adjusting the carb I swear I felt a noticeable power decrease running that stuff. Maybe the fuel had gotten old (4 month or so pump high test) but I won't be putting it in again. Would the extra oil (and subsequent lower exhaust temps) be worth losing power running the mill?
Extra oil adds more lubrication, the fuel in the mix does the cooling. 32:1 will be leaner if the carbs not adjusted for it. The extra oil could be helpful when running on the mill as its one of the hardest things you can do to a saw.

Just picked up the 800p, they do warranty the big one for 5 years or 2 years commercial use, thats granted i dont get the runaround if by chance i need it.

I'm excited with the ammount of magnesium parts, the only thing that isnt is the top cover and air filter cover. I really hope its a good unit. The manual gives a wide rpm range for WOT, 11.5k-13.5k. Ive got a tach so im gonna shoot for 11.5k and run it.

Ive been lookin at the air filter setup, deciding if theres a way to put a v-stack and K&N filter setup on it. Anybody successful doing that?

Handled an 800 at my dealer the other day a lot of people on here say there heavy I didn't think so. I guess with a 36" bar hanging off it might change my view he orders that one in with a 28 but it wasn't on the saw. What do you think about the weight.

I think its fine but i regularly cut with big heavy saws, i like the fact that its built like an older saw, robust like you wouldnt have to cringe and gasp if you dropped it lol

Old poulan countervibes are my weak spot..... ive acquired a few
The 2300 must have been strait gassed almost out of the box its near spotless other then the burned up P/C. And the auto oiler doesn't work on the 3.4. $20 a piece I wasn't turning them down.

Latest posts

Back