Echo CS-370 vs CS-400 but with a twist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macky Anthony

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So not the typical comparison because I was able to purchase a CS-370 new for $240 with a 15% coupon. So is it worth it now to return it for a CS-400 for $300, $60 more?

If it was a difference of $20 as normal, I would do it in a heartbeat.

18” bar (compared to a 16”) and .4 more cc’s really worth it or should I stick with the CS-370?

Please advise.

Swap the black air filter covers between the 370 and 400 and you'd be hard pressed to see the difference. I'm putting a 16" bar on my 400 today. I wonder why Echo markets so many similar models?

However, if I were to buy only one initially, it would be the CS-400. CAD is the only excuse for having both.

I guess the $60-70 I have to add is not really worth it considering I bought the 370 on sale.

If I bought it regular price, I would be all over the 400 though :)

Do you by chance mean the MS171.
I dont think the MS151 in available in the US.
It would be in the $450 or so range if it was.

Sorry but I meant MS-251...But I kinda like the 250 because it has two bar nuts but 251 has a better anti-vibration thingy right?

What would you get?

MS 250 would be my choice.
Less weight, and most parts are available aftermarket.
I don't have a lot of money to put in my saws so they have to be able to be fixed cheap.

My choice by about a light year would be a Dolmar 421. Pro built type saw in the same power range for less money than the 251. Easy start inlcuded which is great for beginners. For the price difference(Dolmar 421 ~300$) you can get a bunch of extra stuff.

But stay with the cool aid if it makes you feel any better. It will serve you simillarly well.

Personally I want the most for my money and don't need the cheering from any audience.

^^ Thanks but I don't want to have that feeling of regret that I was almost there, I should have gotten a Stihl for only $30 more.

Not really for for bragging rights but a sense of accomplishment for me :)

I guess you should hurry on down and spend your money for a sense of accomplishment and quit asking for other people's opinions while it seems your mind has been made up for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back