Echo CS-370 vs CS-400 but with a twist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Thanks but I don't want to have that feeling of regret that I was almost there, I should have gotten a Stihl for only $30 more.

Not really for for bragging rights but a sense of accomplishment for me :)

Don't be thinking that all Stihls are the same, a MS250 is built cheap and hard to work on plus spendy parts. Steve

How 'bout things like bar studs threading into plastic? As mentioned earlier, Dolmar PS-421 is way beyond those Stihls in quality & performance. It's your money.

Appreciate your comments. Would the husky 450 rancher be a better saw than the 251?
I ran a 455r for 3 yrs. A bud who has a Stihl 250 (for sale cheap) now has it, and he too likes it for what it is. Compared to "pro" Husqys, the "ranchers" are heavy and low-power. They are much easier to service than the plastic Stihls, and can run for many years with proper care.
You can find great buys on factory-refurb & new non-pro Husqys at VMInnovations-dot-com. I got the 455r there as a refurb for $327 delivered, ferinstance. I'd go for a 435 (40 cc) there long before any Stihl 250/251- way better performance IMO.

Latest posts

Back